Makeover specialist: Only 25 percent of women look good in black

Makeover Specialist: Only 25% of Women Look Good in Black

It might be time to throw out that LBD. According to True You Makeovers founder and former Miss America finalist Sandi Rose Miller, only 25 percent of women can actually wear black.

Her system is meant to make shopping easier and understanding color fun and efficient. She uses four groups:

Type A is for 'Animated Achievers,'

Type B is for 'Bonding Blenders,'

Type C is for' Confident Completers,' and

Type D is for 'Dynamic Developers.'

Only those women who fall under Type C can wear black and look their best. Type A is characterized by Hillary Clinton, Type B is characterized by Gwyneth Paltrow, Type C is characterized by Courteney Cox and Type D is characterized by Kirsten Dunst.

"It's kind of like feng shui for the body, energetically it either works for you or it works against you," says Sandi Rose Miller. "If a color maybe worked on us when we were younger it really won't work on us we have no wiggle room as we age."

"Your black may be navy, your black may be aubergine which is eggplant, you couldn't get a darker purple. Your instincts have been telling you all along, you've been having a little crunchy feeling of 'well, that kind of works and everyone tells me I look good in it, but I don't know I don't really want to wear it,' Listen to that!"

janieturnage August 02 2014 at 11:10 AM

I remember the 30 plus years ago, they called it draping. They said I could not wear black or green. Guess what? Those are my favorite colors so I wore them and got more compliments than with any other colors than deep blue.

Also my friend was told she was an Autumn and looked better in blue than all those browns and yellow/orange tones.

So I agree, wear what you feel looks good and listen to what other people tell you regardless of the charts.

By the way, my hair is now truly white and I am able to wear anything. There is an upside to aging.

zweepz August 02 2014 at 8:15 AM

"If a color maybe worked on us when we were younger it really won't work on us we have no wiggle room as we age." huh?? I have a comma and a period I can sell you, cheap.

no1gum August 02 2014 at 9:46 AM

What a way to overcomplicate an issue. People should wear what they think looks good on them and what their budget allows. This almost sounds like psychobabble.

happy2bgridfree August 02 2014 at 1:25 PM

What a bunch of nonsense. EVERY woman can wear black.

Her "system" is laughable.

d1anaw happy2bgridfree August 02 2014 at 2:43 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I've never seen anyone that looks terrible in black. There may be other colors that look as good or better, but no one looks bad in black.

peg2584 happy2bgridfree August 03 2014 at 12:46 AM

No everyone cannot wear black. I look terrible it, it completely washes out my skin tone. My brother and his wife both look terrible in it, even thought they were it all the time. Everyone has colors they look good in and colors they look bad in. Your comment is laughable.

scorpian777 August 02 2014 at 11:26 AM

What makes critic's think they know whats best for anyone!!
let alone who or whom can or can't wear black. I'll decide what best for myself what to wear!!!!

Your Highness August 02 2014 at 12:52 PM

Not in the militant fem army here however I believe that this is just another stupid usless article to make women feel bad about their compextion and age and bodies.
Many women's magazines (cosmo,vogue and others) Supplant ideals in women that their appearance is not acceptable; too fat,your hair looks wrong,breast too big or not the right shape,face not the right shape, too old,you can't wear that colour, only certain age group can wear this colour, your derriere is not the right shape or size, your thighs touch,Starving? you're still fat, ect
It makes women both younger and older feel dissatisfied with themselves. Even the most secure woman may start to doubt herself.
It's destructive journalism.

Patricia August 02 2014 at 11:01 AM

What a crock of spit.

Kashathree Patricia August 02 2014 at 12:07 PM

Totally!

Sylvie August 02 2014 at 12:27 PM

Does waving your hands all around make you more believable whenever you pontificate about what other people should do or not do?

Judith August 02 2014 at 3:25 PM

What a crock! it has to do with complexion and not a single thing to do with personality type. I've seen these things before and they've all been bull crappy! All of them tell me that, because I'm dynamic, outgoing, confident, that I look best in the warm spectrum of color - yellow, orange, red and their various hues and shades. Well, no way - yellow makes me look nauseated, orange makes me look green, red makes me look even greener! I look best in the cool colors, something that I the companies and photographers I used to model for taught me.

snp814 August 02 2014 at 2:47 PM

I have read some articles that do not make sense on aol but this one is really stupid.