Woman battling late-stage cancer gets dream wedding wish fulfilled

Woman Battling Late-Stage Cancer Gets Dream Wedding Wish Fulfilled

The couple tells KTLA reporters that they would not have been able to afford a ceremony like so lavish on their own, but after they shared their story volunteers jumped into action.

"They gave me the most gorgeous, spectacular wedding ever," bride Iran Williams said.

For at least one day, it is not about hospitals or treatments or being sick. In this moment, cancer loses.

"Honestly, I can tell you this is the happiest day of my life" Williams added.

What Iran, Raymond, and their children will remember will be a dress that made mom feel like a princess, luxurious flowers, food, cake, and a breathtaking venue in the Pacific Palisades.

"This really made her happy and made her not think about [cancer] for a day" daughter Yvette Williams said.

The fairy-tale event was granted by the non-profit Wish Upon a Wedding and roughly a dozen vendors who volunteered their time and services.

"She was diagnosed again and they gave her the option to have the surgery and she chose not to because it was going to ruin the quality of her life," Jeannie Ward, Wish Upon a Wedding board member, told KTLA. "So basically her prognosis is less than a year and we felt like we needed to do this for her".

The biggest gift was being able to share this moment with her children.

"It was amazing because I do everything for my children and I love them so much" said the bride.

The couple does not know what lies ahead.

"This is my third time getting stage IV thyroid cancer, but I believe in miracles" said Williams.

For more on this story.

Carol July 27 2014 at 1:52 AM

I'm certain that the people who wrote the nasty comments, have not "ridden the cancer roller coaster" with a loved one. Watching someone you love, live in fear, suffer thru painful treatments with even more painful side effects, wait in agony to hear the results of the next blood work only to hear that it didn't work. More treatments, and all the while the person you love gets thinner, paler, loses their hair, and loses their hope. Finally you get some good news and life starts to get normal. Six month check up and you find out its back, and the roller coaster ride begins again. This family is on their 3rd "ride" together. Is it really that difficult to be happy that something wonderful and memorable was given to them?

Micheals57 July 26 2014 at 11:24 PM

married a ******,yea ,thats a dream,lol,lol

christie July 26 2014 at 9:40 PM

Even though this organization is not able to get to all cancer patients, I am glad they are able to provide this wish to the few lucky ones who are able to receive it.

My mother had a lumpectomy for a cancerous tumor on her breast just 2 weeks ago and am very happy she caught it early leading to a great prognosis.

My aunt and grandmother both died from this horrible disease and hope and pray for a cure one day.

Many prayers go out to the everyone in the fight!

dorayvette July 27 2014 at 3:55 AM

Ms.Williams was a teacher at Central Elementary in Baldwin Park when my daughters went there and she always had a smile on her face then just like she still does today. I knew she was battling cancer then but didn't know she is still fighting this horrible monster..I want to wish her and her family all the best and pray to God that he will cure her again. Stay strong Ms.Williams!!

gfirealty July 26 2014 at 10:55 PM

And there is a God in Heaven ?

Who allows this when countless people are rotting away in prison for life and are healthy?

rvheaney July 27 2014 at 12:00 AM

SICK !

rvheaney July 27 2014 at 12:00 AM

SICK !

Aissa2 July 26 2014 at 9:35 PM

Although feel sad regarding her impending future. Although, I am happy about her being given the gift, I am surprised and really wondering what took them so long. Their children are far too old for simply the prospect of their mother dying to be the impetus for them to get married. Really?????? They should have been married before this tragedy. They have children which look as if they are too old to be ones which their mother and father are finally tying the know in the face of her impending passing.

aztmblweeed Aissa2 July 26 2014 at 10:52 PM

Go to "For more on this story" link and you will read where it says they "renewed" their vows.

jurmik July 27 2014 at 6:58 AM

Don't you wish you know what to these who wrote the ugly comments, a hint, it starts with a letter C....

mr SAM TREESH jurmik July 27 2014 at 8:54 AM

what a shame she got hooked up with the black ,just to bad she was not raised right and end,ed up in this MESS ...

candacedean July 26 2014 at 8:32 PM

how many cancer victim gets dream wedding

cancer victim does this or that

these stories are full of sap and I don't believe they're real