Lotto winner says psychic predicted her win 16 years ago

Lotto Winner Says Psychic Predicted Her Win 16 Years Ago

A retired NYPD officer won the lottery of a lifetime ... literally. Here's News 12 Long Island: "Retired police officer Edna Aguayo won $1,000 a day for life."

But this "for life" prize was no surprise to Aguayo. Actually, she says she's known she would win for a while now because, well, a psychic told her so.

She told the New York Post, "I was in an amusement park and went to see a reader. She told me to buy 'for life' lottery tickets because she could see that one day I was going to hit a 'for life' prize."

But get this -- Aguayo's amusement park encounter with the psychic reader happened 16 years ago. Fox News reports, "Although she probably thought, if you're going to win it, why didn't you win it in the first year or the first two years? Why waste 16 years?"

But according to the New York Post, she never gave up hope, saying, "I knew I'd win one day, I just didn't know when." Aguayo bought CASH4LIFE tickets every Monday and Thursday, the days the drawings take place.

According to New York Daily News, Aguayo is New York City's first person ever to win $1,000 every day for life through the local lottery's CASH4LIFE game.

New York Lottery reports after the required withholding, Aguayo will receive her CASH4LIFE prize totaling $227,410 every year for life.

Aguayo hasn't made any plans yet for those large sums coming her way but says she could use a vacation.

mksrs July 25 2014 at 6:17 PM

And I predict that we will all die some day.

& Be Blessed mksrs July 25 2014 at 9:48 PM

Who died and made you God? lol

mnbkny July 28 2014 at 9:17 AM

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Gil July 25 2014 at 10:28 PM

A psychic told me, that I was going to hit the lottery and quit my job. I already quit my job. I am half way there.

rockymtnhikerCo Gil July 26 2014 at 7:02 AM

well,Gil,congratulations. A psychic once told me,if I don't trim my toe nails,my socks will get toe-ho's sooner than they should

Chuck July 25 2014 at 6:57 PM

If you wait long enough everything one of those sheisters says will come true.

dickn2000b July 25 2014 at 6:38 PM

Let's hope money can fix orange hair. Orange is the new black.

& Be Blessed July 25 2014 at 9:45 PM

Wow all the hating...I believe the psychic was correct. I had a tarot reading where a psychic told me that something would be over by Febuary, I listened did not give her any info.

She said things to me she couldn't possibly know. I started getting investors to buy a home, I have been dealing with for six years.

Shes been very accurate so far..
There are people out there with gifts.
Congratulations to her!!
God is great!!

Michele & Be Blessed July 26 2014 at 4:58 AM

Same here.... I had one tell me I was going to be getting a new car,etc and I said she was wrong. Sure enough, got a new car aboout a year later!

poll100 & Be Blessed July 26 2014 at 7:12 AM

People who have this gift don't use it for money items.

katkelly57 August 04 2014 at 1:36 PM

Where's Miss Cleo when you need her?!?

She should be out of jail by now...

evnsaffl July 26 2014 at 12:06 PM

She had SIXTEEN years to make sure it came true.

Mike July 26 2014 at 7:23 AM

Great! Maybe she can now buy herself a nice wig.

rockymtnhikerCo July 26 2014 at 6:56 AM

oh,i thought her psychic predicted the lotto winner would someday have neon orange hair