Motorcycle riders grant little girl her final wish

Motorcycle Riders Grant Little Girl's Final Wish

JOHNSTON, Iowa -- Doctors say that time is running short for a three-year-old Des Moines girl -- but before it does, family members prayed she would have one more reason to smile.

WHO reports: "She got her miracle today. This is amazing and it's more than what I could have ever asked for and she has been smiling and that's all I wanted for her," said Jenna Yeager, Kelly's mother.

Kelly Yeager suffers from a disorder that weakens her skeletal system and causes seizures so severe her bones break.

With her short life coming to an end, her final wish was to see a sea of motorcycles.

That wish was granted as thousands of riders rolled up to ChildServe in Johnston with their motors roaring.

Many riders planned to participate in a ride for Toys for Tots this morning, but made time for another trip.

"I know it lifted my spirits. If it lifted my spirits, it's just definitely going to lift this family's spirits. It's hopefully going to give her a few more days to say, man, people love me," said Clem Vestal, organizer of the ride.

Riders also gave Kelly dozens of stuffed animals and collected more than $3,000.

That money will be donated to ChildServe.

Also on AOL:
Iraq veteran fights to keep therapy ducks
TSA fees increase, spark outrage
Starbucks employee faces firing over tattoo

irishamerica46 July 21 2014 at 3:22 PM

Bikers have done wonders.They've prevented that horrible cult/church from interfering with the funerals of or heros. And now this! Thank You for your dedication.

usa.alltheway irishamerica46 July 22 2014 at 10:19 AM

For all the bad rap we get all of the time you are right. The PGR is amazing to be associated with as is the whole community.

flhx14 July 21 2014 at 2:53 PM

Kudos to all the people that participated.

ssmocpma July 21 2014 at 3:55 PM

My wife and I are both bikers and making runs like this is what bikers are all about !!!!!! RIDE SAFE.....

czplyr July 21 2014 at 3:11 PM

This is what it is all about this is what we have been missing the little things that bring the most joy these bikers are superstars and should be held in awe and a little girl gets her wish

ricks1951f1 July 21 2014 at 2:35 PM

I'm glad she got her wish. Kudo's to all the riders.

norawelson July 21 2014 at 5:21 PM

They get a bad rap, but when it comes to kids bikers have some of the largest hearts out there. I'm glad they were able to come through for this little girl, and grant her dying wish. I -hate- that its a 'dying' wish, and I'm sure they do, too. Children should not have to suffer in a perfect world, we just don't happen to live in a perfect world.

jewel July 21 2014 at 4:37 PM

now that's coooooooooooool-- ride on..

seabasskj July 21 2014 at 4:15 PM

God bless the bikers, and god bless Kelly and her family. It is so hard seeing a young person losing their life, that isn't the way it is supposed to happen. I have a young niece in the hospital right now fighting for her life after a burn injury, and their just isn't anything worse than to see a kid suffering.

mociambz seabasskj July 21 2014 at 8:30 PM

I will pray for her, god bless

savannahswithgod mociambz July 22 2014 at 10:57 AM

The Lord surely will hear that, how he answers it is unknown.

Flag 0 rate up
iluvfreespeech July 21 2014 at 3:16 PM

this is the same as the national enquirer , a story like this that is a great thing they did for this little girl and it says thousands of riders and the video says hundreds , which one is it, they are using Obama figures here

Lettybits July 21 2014 at 5:02 PM

I'm sure they broke every law of the road in order to arrive in time!