The lob: This summer's hottest hair cut
- Julianne Hough looks much more chic and sophisticated since she cut her long hair. This just below the chin cut is a classic look that will never go out of style.
- Since she has so artfully perfected the lob, we had to include another one of Julianne Hough's looks. This tousled, beachy look gives her an instant cool factor and it shows how versatile this cut is.
- Jessica Alba keeps it simple and straight. This style works best for those with fine and thin hair.
- Karlie Kloss should never steer from some version of the bob hair cut -- it just looks too good on her. With her voluminous side bangs and long layers in the front, this is our favorite look of hers to date.
- Emily Blunt nails this retro-inspired long bob. The simple bobby pin and vintage waves give this look old Hollywood glam.
- Leave it to Nicole Richie to rock the most out-there, spunky look with ease, glamour, and confidence. This look is reserved for the bold and daring.
- We love the way Alexa Chung incorporates long bangs into her long bob. Eye-grazing bangs are flattering on most face shapes, especially long or oval, so this can be a go-to style for almost everyone.
- Side swept bangs are a popular choice for the long bob cut. Maybe because they are so flattering on all face shapes. Taylor's slightly-longer-in-the front cut keeps her look youthful and stylish.
- Camilla Belle has rocked short hair for quite some time now and this look is the epitome of elegance. Her current cut, is long enough for those who are on the fence about whether they are ready to cut it all off.
- January Jones' wavy, shoulder-lenth cut is edgy and versatile. Long enough to wear it up, and short enough for easy, fast styling.
- We can always count on Jennifer Aniston to take the classic all-American, girl-next-store look to the next level and achieve something much more cool. Her angled, long bob looks effortless yet polished.
- Scarlett Johannson's textured long bob is beachy, yet sophisticated enough to be worn on the red carpet. That is the beauty of long bobs -- you can wear them anywhere without much effort or styling.
The bob: it's the haircut that everyone wants to try at some point in their life. If you're like us, you haven't quite worked up the courage to chop it all off. It take guts to cut those long, flowing locks that you've spent years growing out, and not everyone is blessed with Emma Watson's bone structure that pairs so well with short cuts. Luckily, the hottest hairstyle this summer, the lob, is a longer-short haircut that is just as cool as a bob, and it's conveniently low-maintenance.
So for our fellow commitment-phobes, you can now technically sport the coveted bob, sans the year-long relationship that usually comes with it. It's long enough that you can style it whichever way you want, and short enough to feel like your actually changing up your look. Plus, it requires almost no maintenance and let's be honest -- we're all for a haircut that permits laziness.
If you're still not convinced this is the haircut for you (and that picture of January Jones doesn't do it for you), check out the gallery for 14 ways this look can be styled.