Couple Bringing Crazed Cat Home After Calling 911

Kush The Cat Goes Home After Time 'Behind Bars'

A cat is heading back home after spending time in quarantine following an attack on its central Florida owners that prompted a 911 call.

Police says the Russian blue cat named Kush went berserk inside a DeLand home July 5, scratching owners Teresa and James Gregory on their arms and legs. The couple retreated to a bedroom and called 911.

Kush was taken to an animal shelter for 10 days. The Daytona News-Journal reports Kush was well-behaved during the quarantine.

DeLand animal control officer Michelle Realander says the Gregorys had been leaning toward giving the cat up, but changed their minds. She says the cat will go to a veterinarian for vaccinations and then to be spayed before going home.

Authorities say the cat was apparently well-behaved before the attack.

Nancy July 19 2014 at 8:02 AM

Irresponsible pet owners. Their cat is four years old and never sterilized? WTF?

robyn July 19 2014 at 8:08 AM

i have had cats all my life, and they dont just attack with out a cause. i think someone was looking for their 15 minutes sense the media gave so much time and paid for so many interviews for the one that did the same thing a few months back. heck he even got on the cat whisper guys show. sad to see these animals used like this for someones fame. i have had 5 russians blues so far in my life and all have been gentle quiet and loving. heck i couldnt even get them to mouse so i cant even imagine them attacking and scratching

Tim & Judy July 19 2014 at 8:09 AM

Cats don't act this way for no reason. Something the 'owners' did, or didn't do, was the cause of her behavior. People need to educate themselves before becoming pet owners. Just like they should before becoming parents. NOT doing so is the problem. Russian Blues are very nice cats and make great companions. All pets need to be in a pet friendly environment according to their species. I have 10 cats who all live peacefully together. There's never a problem that I can't handle. I have to also wonder why Kush has not been spayed by now. Kush would be better off with a family who really cares for her.

Tim & Judy Tim & Judy July 19 2014 at 9:04 AM

The owner stepped on her tail earlier in the day, and then placed Kush in the bathroom all day, and apparently Kush didn't like that, so she lashed out once released. BULL CRAP! You can bet that there's more to this story than meets the eye. There's no reason Kush should have been locked in a bathroom all day (that's cruel), and stepping on a cat's tail does not cause this kind of reaction from a cat. Cats do NOT take revenge on others. This is a dumb human's way of thinking... about other humans, and shouldn't be applied to animals. Animals don't think that way. These people do not deserve to be pet owners, period! Shame on those who allow them to be.

mickilan Tim & Judy July 19 2014 at 2:12 PM

Little Reginald was a sensitive and special cat. He was diabetic so we had to inject him once a day. He would wait anxiously for his shot in the morning. He must have felt recharged afterward. Anyway, one day, I stepped on his tail, my husband yelled at him for going into a "cat free" room, and then he looked at his food bowl and it was obvious that he didn't care for that particular food. I looked at him closely, called my husband to look also. Yes, the little guy was "crying" big tears. He had a real stressful day. I grabbed him, pulled him close to me, and I hugged him for an hour.
Warm fuzzes when I think of that day. He lasted about a year with his daily shots.
What a trouper.

aristocat101 July 19 2014 at 8:29 AM

They probably hurt the cat and it defended itself.

schlauger1 aristocat101 July 19 2014 at 11:05 AM

My cat acted up several weeks ago, no aggression, just wasn't his usual loving self. He didn't come around and nuzzle me with his head or cuddle with me when I took a nap. or want to be messed with.

I took him to the vet and it turned out he had broken and loosened a molar. He is now back to his usual self.

The cat in this story had some kind of issue, including if it's true, some aggressive behavior from the owners. JMO.

Cats, unlike dogs, are prone to hate you for a while when the parents hurt them emotionally or in any other way. And please, neuter the poor thing.

coopdabomb July 19 2014 at 6:40 AM

Only in the new America could a cat hold two adults hostage.
You people have become lib ******

Roberta July 19 2014 at 10:11 AM

What do the people do to the cat before the cat attacked them? We will never get that part of the story.

gonro2 Roberta July 19 2014 at 11:52 AM

Some cats are just unpredictable. My wife had a stray who loved her to death. One day we walked to see a movie a couple of blocks away. The cat followed but obviously could not go in the theater. After the movie on the way home she saw the cat at a house and she went in to pick it up to bring home.....he turned on her and clawed the hell out of her. I told her to leave the damn thing there. The cat never came home even though it was only a block away.

hopeg7980 gonro2 July 19 2014 at 2:46 PM

You should have left the cat in your home.......cats do not like for you to leave them like you two did. Apparently you are not ready to be pet owners....or parents.

Flag +3 rate up
chall6pk July 19 2014 at 6:35 AM

I never heard the whole story on why this cat went berserk. Apparently the owners decided the attack was justifiable. I certainly would never take a cat back that attacked me or mine.

bigcatdaddy July 19 2014 at 7:35 AM

What a stupid couple. Called 911 over a cat? A bullet or just a baseball bat would have taken care of that cat.

dhrector July 19 2014 at 7:45 AM

I think they should get a fish instead of a cat. A fish can only attack you if you put your hand in the bowl. Well maybe not, on second thought, they shouldn't. They may get a piranha thinking it is a funny looking gold fish........

muffin dhrector July 19 2014 at 11:37 AM

So, you would probably do the same thing to a toddler who was crying. You are a moron. Hope God does not allow you to have any pets at all. You need serious help.

davandsher muffin July 19 2014 at 11:52 AM

Can you tell the difference between a Cat and a Toddler? Dumb remark

Flag 0 rate up
savannahswithgod dhrector July 19 2014 at 2:42 PM

There was a movie as that. As deranged kids escaped from an asylum and a family who had Piranha's took them in and the woman was taking a bath and the kids came in shoved a bucket over her head pushing her under the water then tossed in the Piranha's. Thinking one of those kids as the bad one played on my three sons, a girl.

crowland503 July 19 2014 at 6:35 AM

Maybe the Democratic Politicians--note Barack, Nancy, and Harry--to be quarantined for "foot and mouth" disease. There's at least a six-year epidemic of them caught with their feet in their mouths after coming down with the Obama Plague of lying threw their teeth. A cure expected after November 2014 with a number of Democratic Eviction Notices issued.