Lottery winner ordered to share jackpot with 'psychic waiter'

Lottery Winner Ordered to Share His Jackpot With Psychic Waiter

A restaurant owner in England got lucky when he won the lottery -- but now a judge is forcing him to split his winnings with an employee who had a "psychic vision."

Apparently, a waiter at this guy's restaurant had a dream that he was showing a bunch of cash to his boss, so the guy pestered him until he bought a lotto ticket.

The owner of the restaurant paid for the ticket and picked the numbers -- but the waiter actually bought the ticket.

Now a judge says the owner has to give the waiter half of his 1.7 million dollar winnings.

Also on AOL:
Warren Buffett beats his own donation record
Brother vs. brother in lottery ticket trial
TV reporter pranks 'video bombers'

Ken Catlett July 18 2014 at 8:37 AM

If waiter was that sure, he should have purchased the ticket.
Do not agree with judge, but would have given employee a big bonus if it were me.

SchallSJ Ken Catlett July 18 2014 at 11:55 AM

the waiter paid for the ticket..if anything all the money should be his

bennett975 Ken Catlett July 18 2014 at 12:33 PM

Schall: Waiter did NOT pay for the ticket he went and bought it with the OWNERS money and the OWNERS number picks. Not sure you read the story before comment.

Velocity105 July 18 2014 at 8:06 AM

Half of $1.7M after taxes isn't going to amount to much. Who is the judge who would give this waiter half the guy's winnings? The owner paid and picked the numbers... Glad this didn't happen in the U.S. and set a dangerous precedent.

VegCon July 18 2014 at 8:11 AM

Man I have seen it all. R U Kidding Me!

airmanemory July 18 2014 at 9:57 AM

I have a feeling that someone will win a lottery jackpot in the USA. So if you buy a ticket I get half !

BUY THAT TICKET NOW
BUY THAT TICKET NOW
BUY THAT TICKET NOW
BUY THAT TICKET NOW

Valerie airmanemory July 18 2014 at 12:17 PM

LOL!!!

Sportster1 airmanemory July 18 2014 at 10:06 PM

I bought my ticket before you told me to. lol

knflash July 18 2014 at 11:26 AM

I agree with the judge. The waiter physically bought the ticket, not his boss. The boss paid for the ticket. 1/2 of nothing is nothing. 1/2 of 1.7 million is a big something. Obviously without the waiter's vision his boss would have 1/2 of nothing. I would say Karma was at work here, it took the two of them to make this happen!

ExAZtential July 18 2014 at 2:01 PM

Google-'British lottery winner to split win'
You can read the UK Daily Mail article which offers much more detail.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2691860/Judge-tells-waiter-dreamed-winning-lottery-scooped-1million-day-split-cash-restaurant-boss-stumped-half-9-stake.html

MikeH22020 July 18 2014 at 9:44 AM

So in England do financial advisors get half af profits from their advice? Simply ridiculous decision

meanstr July 18 2014 at 8:44 AM

This is wrong okay you talk me into buying a ticket and I sent you to the store to get it .And your intitled to half the money.

SchallSJ meanstr July 18 2014 at 11:57 AM

yea..if that. If you give me 5 bucks and I go to the store and buy a ticket and I win, would you expect some money?

savannahswithgod SchallSJ July 18 2014 at 1:58 PM

If you give me 5 bucks your out of 5 bucks. I got held up on the way. What do you mean I got vanilla-chocolate ice-cream around my mouth. Oh it was the DQ that held me up, those vanilla-chocolate shakes are outrageously priced! So let's say I win a trillion in the Powerball. Make the SSBdM movie first, American Frau's of the SS winning WW2. After that a deal with you. For a million dollars I ask you to come around every 2 weeks and rub the kitties for an hour. Tell me now 4 years down the road you would not want some more money or think you should just come every month?

Flag 0 rate up
John July 18 2014 at 11:24 AM

Are you freaking kidding me?

imaprod John July 18 2014 at 4:45 PM

No, it's real. The whole world is gone crazy.

winky_dink July 18 2014 at 9:19 PM

After hearing about this Judge who obviously likes smoking crack before he makes his rulings, I stood in front of the local casino and told everyone that entered that I had a psychic vision they were going to win today. So now they owe me halt of all their winnings according to Mr. Crack Judge. This is the best job I ever had. Easy money for free.

winky_dink winky_dink July 18 2014 at 9:20 PM