Sandra Bullock came face-to-face with armed stalker

Sandra Bullock Came Face-To-Face With Armed Stalker

Chilling new details in the Sandra Bullock home invasion story from last month have been released. TMZ is reporting that the 49-year-old Oscar winner came face-to-face with her stalker at her bedroom door.

The celebrity gossip site claims to have obtained a copy of the search warrant for Joshua Corbett's property, which details the break in which happened on June 8. Allegedly, around one o'clock in the morning, Bullock awoke after hearing a loud banging in her home. She went to lock her bedroom door, and saw Corbett dressed in dark clothing in the hallway. Bullock slammed the door and called 9-1-1.

At first, Corbett was charged with stalking, burglary, and possessing an illegal firearm. But after police found an arsenal of weapons in his home, 19 felony charges were added including seven counts of possession of a machine gun. If convicted, Corbett faces up to twelve years in prison.

Steve-a-rino July 15 2014 at 3:52 PM

Get this girl a gun of her own and teach her how to use it.

buddwhyzr July 15 2014 at 7:18 PM

If after alarms and barbed wire are defeated, Sandra would feel better knowing she has a gun. Dead intruders don't come back.
OK--lets hear it from the intruder sympathizers.

charles000 July 15 2014 at 4:52 PM

That was a close call . . . could have turned out much worse. My suggestion to Sandy - get yourself to a range, get trained by a pro, and get armed. Sorry, that's just the way things are in the current world.

ranger197172 charles000 July 16 2014 at 7:22 AM

I had a woman tell me one day she wouldn't own a gun because she refuses to live in fear. i told her i don't live in fear, i live prepared.

nichmyer July 16 2014 at 8:20 AM

In this new bad world that the libs keep turning it into, (cater to criminals and give them more rights..that is.)
We need 2 things.
1.A big protective dog, (he's there before any cops can spare the time they need to even get to your house.)
2. A nice hand gun. (In case the intruder shoots your dog while protecting you.)
Enough said.

tnana23boys nichmyer July 16 2014 at 11:01 AM

You are completely out of touch with the real world. Do you have any clue how many homeowners are murdered with there OWN weapons. BTW, if it weren't for us LIBS you wouldn't have half the freedoms you have right now. You'd just be another serf to the overlords running the world.

jinletren tnana23boys July 16 2014 at 11:23 AM

Not as many home owners are murdered with their own gun as there are HOME OWNERS killed with the "outlaw's" gun. Read the FBI statistics!!

Flag 0 rate up
Jdarren4ever July 15 2014 at 1:53 PM

Scary people in this world. I'm glad she was okay.

ranger197172 Jdarren4ever July 16 2014 at 7:19 AM

Like they say, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away. In defense of the police they do a great job but cannot always be where needed.

GUNSLINGER July 16 2014 at 9:10 AM

Too bad Jessie James is such an "IDIOT", if he had been there he could have stitched up the intruder "CHINESE GANGLAND STYLE" from crotch to eyeball before he hit the ground.

ltpar July 15 2014 at 10:00 PM

With a stalker at large, you would think with all Bullocks money, she would be smart enought to hire a live in bodyguard. She is probably lucky to escape with her life in this case.

nichmyer July 16 2014 at 8:14 AM

All she needs is her own gun to protect herself... That's first.
A big dog would have let her know way sooner that someone was in the house.
We have 4 dogs and a gun. We sleep really well at night.
ENOUGH SAID.

Anthony nichmyer July 16 2014 at 10:49 AM

AOL commentators will just blame it on Obama. He's too scary for their whitewashed world.

gwhjelm July 15 2014 at 9:09 PM

It is to bad that this guy wasn't shot and killed. This guy should be in a prison for the rest of his life, and with no chance of parole. Sandra Bullock is lucky that she wasn't harmed, or killed by this madman. These types of people should never have a weapon in their possession. Don't get me wrong, for I am for being able to have weapon for protection. What I don't support is the right to automatic weapons, like a machine gun. This guy could have brought that machine gun to bullock's home in June, and used it against Bullock, or the police.

GB July 15 2014 at 10:28 PM

I don't know. I must be a really boring person. I just can't imagine stalking anyone, no matter who it is. Don't misunderstand me, I think Sandra Bullock is the jazz, when it comes to women or actors. I still hate that guy who broke her heart. I also think she's one of the only women in the world who could compete with my own mom in regards to being a sweet lady. But, would I make an attempt to see her in person, even at a public event ? Truth is, I would probably pee my pants if she even looked at me. It's enough for me that she just keep acting and just being her.

ranger197172 GB July 16 2014 at 7:21 AM

I think most normal people do lead rather boring lives when it comes to home invasions, stalkers, etc.