5 times Prince George was a fashion trendsetter this year
- Prince George's first official appearance post-birth was at his christening at St. James's Palace. As is tradition, he donned an off-white, lace dress for the occasion.
This pretty, full-skirted dress looks suspiciously like Prince George's christening outfit, but we're OK with it.
Zimmermann Resort 2015
- Sailboats? White and navy blue? Yes, please! Prince George sported this nautical-themed look at his very first official engagement -- a playdate in New Zealand!
- Sailboats are so nice, he wore them twice!
Consider this navy and blue lace-up sweater the grown-up version of the prince's sailboat tees -- or at least, a nautical look you won't be embarrassed to sport in public.
Tibi Resort 2015
- Now that Prince George is walking, his sartorial tastes need to be about fashion and function. Overalls have proven the perfect choice for little royal on-the-go.
White lace overalls? If these weren't made for Prince George...
Nina Ricci Resort 2015
- He doesn't look happy about it, but Prince George is here to tell you that yes, shorts can work in a formal setting. He would know.
Oscar de la Renta agrees. Throw on a pair of shorts in a luxe fabric, and pair with a fancy coat for look fit for a royal engagement -- or, you know, a night out for cocktails.
Oscar de la Renta Resort 2015
- Don't let that face fool you! Prince George really, really likes red! Just not on planes. Please Mum, not the plane again!
We predict red is here to say. Sorry, little guy -- you started it!
Altuzarra Resort 2015
Either way, we took a look back at some of Prince George's most fashionable moments from this year, and discovered that quite a few of them resemble the current season's resort trends. Coincidence? We think not. As the son of one of the world's most recognized women, it's no surprise to us that Prince George is following in his trendsetting mom's footsteps.
Not convinced that current fashion trends are being influenced by a baby? Click through the gallery for proof that Prince George is ruling the fashion world right now -- and looking really cute while doing so.