'Leah Remini: It's All Relative' Series Premiere: Leah Leaves Scientology

'Leah Remini: It's All Relative' Series Premiere: Leah Leaves Scientology

On the season premiere of "Leah Remini: It's All Relative' the family decided to leave the church of Scientology.

As a result, they were shunned by most of their family and friends. So, they decided to throw a party to celebrate the fact that they still have each other and other family and friends that still do support them.

LEAH: "If you leave Scientology publicly, you, uh, have to be shunned... and that is the sad truth of it.
LEAH: "In the church of Scientology, it is, you are not allowed to speak to anyone who's left the church in any way."

As ABC News notes, the 44-year-old actress was raised in the church, still struggles with the split since she's not allowed to speak with long-time family and friends.

LEAH: "It's not easy as time goes on, you know you, it's not easy, you look through your phone, you can't call this person."
LEAH: "We also have to look at what we do have, we have great family, we have great friends."

As Hollywood Life notes, Leah's new reality show series follows her day to day life as an actress and mother juggling her family and career. You can tune in to watch Thursdays on TLC.

'Leah Remini: It's All Relative': Leah Remini Discusses Leaving Scientology

Linda July 11 2014 at 10:09 AM

Scientology equals a CULT! IT IS NOT ABOUT RELIGION BUT MORE ABOUT CONTROLING SOMEONES LIFE AND TAKING THEIR MONEY! Then when someone finally wakes up and wants to leave that cult they have the nevre to shun you? GET OUTTA HERE! THAT IS NO RELIGION I EVER KNEW! IT IS A CULT AND IT IS PURE EVIL BS.

Curtis July 11 2014 at 11:00 AM

Congratulations Leah!! Getting out of that cult will turn out to be a life saver for you. I'm glad you had the courage (and good sense) to get away from them.

Berto July 11 2014 at 10:17 AM

Scientology is absolutely a cult, NOT a religion. They control people's lives for their own gain. Who the hell do they think they are, "Shunning" family. What a crock of crap. The morons who believe in their crap need to have their brains re-wired. Pathetic. It's more like a cancer that needs to be destroyed.

rebawolfswinkel Berto July 11 2014 at 1:31 PM

I agree.

CAMERON Berto July 11 2014 at 8:06 PM

I agree.

Chuck July 11 2014 at 11:03 AM

Leah you did the best thing getting out of that cult. Sometimes you have to leave family behind when you know what you did is right for you. Bless your family. As long as you have your husband, daughter and people who care about your well being like your fans and friends you will be just fine. We are so happy you left so you can have a wonderful life instead of a controlled one. You can call me anytime you need. :)

b515 Chuck July 11 2014 at 11:44 AM

May be best if you took down her pictures.

littledog1 July 11 2014 at 10:17 AM

Just Write a Tell All Book and Blow them All Out of the Water Leah!!!
They are All Sick People in this Cult!!

whitewrights littledog1 July 12 2014 at 12:03 AM

I would read that book..its hard to see strong minded people being ran down by a 'religion'

wstarhopper July 11 2014 at 10:01 AM

Leah you can call me anytime you want. You are my hero for leaving that abusvie cult. One has to wonder why so many people who become involved with it end up dead.

pt017 wstarhopper July 11 2014 at 10:37 AM

i left them in 1991 and they still send mail and e-mail. you go girl

oscar329 pt017 July 11 2014 at 11:08 AM

It is called 'marketing', it is not that they miss you, they have your information and they bulk email to every member ever. Do not feel too special, the emailing gets done by a program.

Flag +2 rate up
MIHAIL LAZAR pt017 July 11 2014 at 5:20 PM

About 10-15 years ago I vizited Portland, OR. Out of curiosity I entered into a C of S center for some test. After a bunch of BS, I left, never joined, never signed anything. Even today I get hand written letters and offers. I moved twice or 3 times and they found me every times. They are like the bugger stuck to the finger, never leave

Flag +1 rate up
ram4131 July 11 2014 at 12:14 PM

Putting the word "Church" in their title is the funniest part.

donpantanella July 11 2014 at 12:15 PM

You will all be sorry one day when a spaceship comes to earth and takes all Scientologists to see the Wizard of Oz and get to ask him for a brain.

jneal11254 donpantanella July 12 2014 at 1:02 AM

You are right. And if that happens I'll get back in my godola and fly back to Kansas. Without giving them brains.

HCC11111 July 11 2014 at 12:31 PM

I did work for these idiots in Clearwater Florida. It is a brainwashing clinic. If you cannot afford paying for their cleansing than you are what they call a sea org. You run everywhere for every task up to 18 hours a day. Dianetics is there bible. On my final payment which incidently was 2 months late I went in to inform them that I intended to lein the property they looked in there little book and said to me that L Ron ssaid to pay the oldest invoice first and I would be paid in another 2 to 3 months. Lucky for us we had a canceled check made to one of there foreman and they viewed this as a possible problem and low and behold 15 minutes later had my check. This is nothing short of a money laundering cult that PEOPLE SIGN OVER EVERYTHING in hopes of reaching the pinnacle of life. There is no diety that they adore except money

buddwhyzr HCC11111 July 11 2014 at 8:59 PM

What are these "payments" for?

jubequinn HCC11111 July 12 2014 at 1:59 AM

WAY TO GO HCC. YOU JUST SAID IT ALL.

samsrm July 11 2014 at 10:48 AM

I still dont know why she and Holly left the talk, they were the main draw for the show, their replaements leave alot to be desired and have caused me to stop watching it due to lack of intrest on the part of their replacements poor choice CBS...