'Extant' series premiere: Is Halle Berry pregnant with an alien baby?

'Extant' Series Premiere: Is There An Alien Baby In Halle Berry's Belly?

On the highly anticipated series premiere of "Extant," Molly Woods, played by Halle Berry, found out she was pregnant after a 13-month-long solo trip in space. Obviously, this poses the question, how on earth ... or in space ... is she pregnant?

It seems like she was impregnated by an alien? This still doesn't really make sense: When Molly went to playback the footage, because yes, she recorded the encounter, we only saw her ... no one else. Creepy.

As Philly.com notes, the new summer series from executive producer Steven Spielberg, is about an astronaut who's trying to reconnect with her scientist husband and their son after her mission in space.

According to The Daily Beast, CBS was prompted to do another sci-fi Spielberg-produced event series after the initial success of another CBS show "Under The Dome" which became a huge hit, at least until the story went stagnant.

But it's still unclear what direction 'Extant' is going to take from the one hour premiere. Some critics called the pilot "vague" and filled "with too many plodding plot devices and stock characters."

Still, the series premiere of the show got viewers excited and got 'Extant' trending on Twitter. Berry has had a TV past, but her return to the small screen has been highly anticipated.

More on AOL.com:
The 2014 Emmy noms are in
'Name That Tune' game goes wrong on 'Good Day NY'
Obama has pizza and pool night in Denver
Newspaper says sorry after George Clooney slams story

jmc July 10 2014 at 11:18 AM

This show better get better!

Debb July 10 2014 at 12:16 PM

I watched in hopes of somethiggood to be on regular TV ... well again I was dispointed...doesnt matter who you have as the star if you can not make it more apealing in the hr you have then your not going to make it.. I might watch some ofthe next showing but if it does not get a lot better that will be the last time I tune in !!!

mashallaha Debb July 10 2014 at 8:01 PM

Want good TV? Project Runway and Face Off are about to start the new seasons. I LOVE these shows, they are all about design, and you can learn a lot. I don't actually watch TV except for these shows, home dec and tattoo shows ( as long as it's about creativity and desgn. )

Randy July 10 2014 at 12:31 PM

The show has viewers????? Really? While I usually like Halle Berry as an actress - the 'extant" show is

P-I-T-I-F-U-L

and based on the writing, direction, acting and everything else involved in tv show - it sure won't get any better.

Dianne & Ken Randy July 10 2014 at 2:18 PM

I like it but most did not because it makes them THINK, something young people seem not to want to do based on all the Reality Crap that's on TV. When that comes on I turn off the TV/

folklifer Randy July 10 2014 at 7:38 PM

Randy; I agree with Dianne and Ken. What kind of shows do you like? I can be comfortable with a show that does not wrap everything up in an hour, that leaves you wondering, guessing, and maybe a tiny bit uncomfortable with some, or all, of the concepts. The character of John Woods concept that an AI raised as a human will not need a kill switch is belied by several recent humans who have developed mental illness and taken out whole groups of innocents. Many have been (after the fact) labeled as odd, or a little weird, or creepy, but almost no one thought that they could do what they did. If we do develop AI androids, what do we do with that, and how will we live with, or among, them?

theomegaman72 July 10 2014 at 1:27 PM

AOL Translation
" everyone is talking about " = most people have never heard of it

ywammer July 10 2014 at 12:25 PM

My biggest problem with the show was having to endure a commercial virtually every five minutes. I won't watch it no matter how good it might become if I have to do that for every episode.

dd1820 July 10 2014 at 11:31 AM

what a HORRIBLE POS show........are you KIDDING ME???????????/

lalalexm1 July 10 2014 at 12:50 PM

They should ban the phrase "everyone is talking about". I have not heard anybody talking about this show at the airport, at the mall, etc.

John lalalexm1 July 10 2014 at 4:09 PM

So as you are here talking about it you post that no one is talking about it?

leadonwar July 10 2014 at 12:43 PM

The first show of a new series usually lays out the character. I liked the idea that has been pesented in this show. I think it has great potentiol.. I'll be watching next week.

folklifer leadonwar July 10 2014 at 7:27 PM

leadonwar; Me too. There are a lot of intriguing ideas in this show and a lot of questions too. The whole issue of AI is fascinating. And, do we have a cloned head of the company, some sort of rejuvenation process known only to the company and reserved only for the few, or an alien that is already here and in a position to secure our world for his species? Whatever direction they go in will make for some interesting viewing.

char July 10 2014 at 2:15 PM

i agree i thought it was rather boring

oefogwell July 10 2014 at 1:20 PM

Didn't anyone else pick up on the fact that Molly's son is not human. He is a robot. The hints were like 2x4s.
After that, I have to admit that the pilot was so slow that I changed channels.

John oefogwell July 10 2014 at 4:11 PM

Hints like changing his battery? And the conference about the new Humanix robots? It would be awful hard to have watched the show and not know that fact as it is a major plot line to the show. . . .