Woman reunited with ring 25 years after it was stolen

Woman Reunited With Ring 25 Years After It Was Stolen

Social media reunited a Missouri woman with her 1959 high school graduation ring 25 years after it was stolen.

Alisa Waltland and her family were admiring her great nephew's senior class ring when out of the blue her nephew said that he found a class ring in a park a few years ago.

Alisa's nephew was using a metal detector at Richter Park and dug up the ring years ago, but there was no way to find out who it belonged to. Once Alisa took a closer look at it and was able to discern the school name and date, she posted a picture of the find on Facebook.

Alisa took a picture of it and posted it, "If you grew up in De Soto's" Facebook page and people started to respond, which is how they were able to connect it back with its owner, Margie Elders, known as Margie Isgrig in 1959, who worked in the cafeteria to buy her own graduation ring.

milliebsp July 09 2014 at 2:11 PM

I think this is a lovely story!

A woman is reunited with her prized possession.

And the finder of the ring, Alisa, God bless her, refused a reward! It's truly a decent person who does something for the right reasons WITHOUT expecting something in return!

Postalpal July 09 2014 at 1:23 PM

To many of this age range, high school was not always obtainable, much like college today. And it was a proud acheivement. At a month shy of 65 now, unfortunately, my family was so poor I couldn't pay for the rest due on mine after putting down a $5 deposit, so, I never got a ring. So this is great news for this lady! I like to see good things happen for good people.

coopdabomb July 09 2014 at 7:15 AM

Now if we could just get back them MISSING IRS emails

bawnotbb coopdabomb July 09 2014 at 10:43 AM

I'm sure they're avalible from the NSA.

buddwhyzr coopdabomb July 09 2014 at 4:39 PM

coopdabomb----you find something negative in everything. Turn that frown upside down.

coopdabomb buddwhyzr July 09 2014 at 8:18 PM

Eat ****

Flag 0 rate up
Jim Davis July 09 2014 at 11:16 AM

It's been a long time since this old boy has engaged in man's favorite activity, chasing pretty women.
Trust me, if I'm able to locate that house via google Earth I will do so once more!

Sandy Bator Clark July 09 2014 at 10:36 AM

Lucky her. Mine was stolen 25 yrs. later too.

jendarith July 09 2014 at 10:19 AM

Wow, I can't believe there are no comments save one here. You got good news for a citizen, a happy ending, but no comments. This is one for the metal detecting hobby community. If more parks would change their regulations to allowing detectorists, provided they adhere to the groundskeeping part of it like refilling your nicely cut and dug hole, manicuring the sod there in a non draught scenario, then there would be more joyous ring owners like this lovely lady, more evidence in crime cases recovered to further investigations, and more intrinsic items returned to the world of museums and history for all of us, not to mention coins out of circulation coming back into the economy which actually saves the taxpayers as they do not have to fund the minting of more. All hobbies have their bad guys, so continue to watch out for the very few bad metal detectorists, but the benefits of parks around the country allowing this hobby far far out weigh the cons of the topic or issue. Cudos!

yamel86 July 09 2014 at 11:40 AM

I agree about the "Inside job".

mgt0331 July 09 2014 at 1:58 PM

Obama stole it when he was in College

oujoou July 09 2014 at 5:22 PM

Beautiful lady. :) Wow. She did what Sauron couldn't do. lol. I have an heirloom ring from my mom. I would hope that's how I would feel after losing it and having it returned to me after 25 years. What a Sweetie. :)

dwright394 July 09 2014 at 6:46 PM

David J Samball grad. 1987 Amherst Central HS ring stolen in Palatka Fla. FOUND by GA police but never returned even though police called to report it in their evidence room. SAD