'The Bachelorette': Andi learns of Eric Hill's death

'The Bachelorette': Andi & Her Suitors Learn The News Of Eric Hill's Death

It was time for hometown dates on "The Bachelorette," but after Andi visited the homes of the four remaining guys, they all got some devastating news: they learned that morning that the contestant passed away.

Andi was in shock, saying, "I can't believe that was my last conversation with him..."

As you saw, after Chris broke the news of Eric Hill's death to Andi and her remaining suitors, everyone was emotional and the entire cast and crew hugged it out. Andi also admitted that she felt guilty for the way things ended with her and Eric.

As Reality TV World notes, Eric was an explorer and adventure seeker was who was making a documentary called 'The Global Odyssey.' He passed away at the age of 32 in a paragliding accident in Utah.

Chris Harrison warned viewers in his Entertainment Weekly blog that it would be a hard episode to watch: "[Eric Hill's passing] happened at the end of the week when Andi was wrapping up her final hometown visit and heading back to Los Angeles. I will warn you: You will see this play out in our lives. It's raw and emotional, it very much affected all of us, and that's exactly why we decided to show it to you."

Viewers were heartbroken for everyone, especially Eric's family and friends. We saw the hashtag #LiveLikeEric all over Twitter.

More on AOL:
Harry Potter is back in new J.K. Rowling story
'Antiques Roadshow': Small statue sells for over $150,000 dollars!
Second 'Gone Girl' trailer has been released
Sleeping Yankees fan sues TV announcers

kipiccolo July 08 2014 at 12:38 PM

2 limos - $20.00
15 roses - $70.00
Exploiting death on TV show for ratings - priceless.

theomegaman72 kipiccolo July 08 2014 at 1:13 PM

Can I get the name and number of that limo service ?

dp9655 July 08 2014 at 4:58 PM

I truly thought last night episode was in such bad taste.......did anyone else feel the awkward long moments after Chris Harrison told everyone about Eric. I would be so upset if I was the family, can't ABC fill their time with something more appropriate.....bad taste people...very bad......!!!!!

Jenn dp9655 July 10 2014 at 10:23 AM

I couldn't agree more! Televise a tribute to him or something, but watching a dramatic display of grief was so distasteful. It became about Andi's dramatics. Eric's family should be disgusted by that display. RIP Eric...

coopdabomb July 08 2014 at 1:43 PM

People watch this crap

Rosemary Hirsch coopdabomb July 08 2014 at 2:06 PM

Unfortunately, I got hooked on this crap, and it is crap; both shows, The Bachelor and also The Bachelorette, are great time-wasting crap. I started watching it seasons ago after I noticed the producers really produced some real jerks as The Bachelor. Last season's "Bachelor" was a real jerk; it was a joke that these beautiful women were throwing themselves at him.

coopdabomb Rosemary Hirsch July 08 2014 at 3:52 PM

I think I would rather watch my toe nails grow to be honest.

Flag 0 rate up
raidrmik67 Rosemary Hirsch July 09 2014 at 12:52 AM

WOW, this coming from a woman? Bravo!

Flag 0 rate up
Rosemary Hirsch July 08 2014 at 1:57 PM

When the death of Eric Hill was announced due to an accident, my sympathy was sent to his family and friends. The "Bachelorette" explained the incident; Andi, appropriately, wore black. The "rose ceremony," was delayed a week. Okay, enough of this tragedy in order to boost ratings.. Mr. Hill only appeared on the show a mere four episodes. The producers should stop exploiting his death. Mr. Hill didn't invent a drug to cure cancer,

darkcloudstonite Rosemary Hirsch July 08 2014 at 2:42 PM

How exactly did you send your sympathy to his family and friends ? flowers? a card ?

Scooter July 08 2014 at 2:53 PM

BOO HOO HOOOOOOO... The FAKE drama is so ridiculous I'm embarassed for these people. So queer!!!

Patricia,,,,, July 08 2014 at 4:55 PM

Oh please it's scripted....Really people who believes any of this crap...Unless you are really that stupid

nikkitytom July 08 2014 at 7:05 PM

And the producers milked this tragedy for every possible second ... dragging out the emotional scene to match the general vulgarity of this program. Why anyone would consent to participate in this commercial charade is beyond me. Rejection is hard enough to shoulder ... but public humiliation is beyond the pale. Time to scrap this distasteful voyeurism and move on. Along with eating contests, these "bachelor" series are the nadir of our culture.

geldonski July 08 2014 at 1:25 PM

Who watches this garbage. Thisn is trash TV.

rfeak59288 geldonski July 08 2014 at 4:34 PM

Who watches it? People without lives! Big Brother is another example of mindless drivel.

hartcleaningserv rfeak59288 July 09 2014 at 12:42 AM

Hey! Hey! Big Brother contestants just need a few days/weeks out of their parent's basement, where they contemplate what they wanna do with their lives. Not a fair comparison! At least some of the individuals on The Bachelor/Bachelorette have real jobs and an apartment. Some have even been in a relationship, unlike most on Big Brother. That said, I like BB too. Glad I can relate to all peoples/losers. :)

Flag 0 rate up
jcs9 July 08 2014 at 3:26 PM

I mostly watch this for the beautiful locations but this season has to be the most boring yet. I fall asleep almost as soon as I start watching. I am pretty sure she is picking Josh.

Torpecker July 08 2014 at 4:24 PM

What WON'T Mikey Fleiss do for sagging ratings?