All-American style icons: The women who are inspiring our summer
- Lauren embodied classic 1940s sensibilities.
- Wearing a key lime shift and pearl studs, Jackie is the classic all-American woman.
- We don't think it gets more American than this.
- Michelle Obama and daughters Sasha and Malia have inspired a nation of J.Crew-obsessed women with their smart and sophisticated style.
- The actress sported preppy separates as a young co-ed in love the all-American classic, "Love Story", but in real life, she personified boho chic.
- A little bit bohemian, and a little bit rock 'n' roll, Kate's look (even on the red carpet) is always effortless.
- The model and actress's classic look and sometimes tomboyish look has led to recent contracts with J.Crew and The Row.
- Who could pull off jeans with a bow-tie better than Ralph Lauren himself?
- This classic American beauty is always a red carpet standout.
- Olivia is pretty much every American girl's style icon. A lover of color and prints, and a mixer of high and low, she represents exactly how young women want to dress today.
- Ever since the Cruel Intentions days, Reese has epitomized the fresh-faced look.
- Gwyn's pretty in pink moment at the 1999 Academy Awards has gone down in all-American red carpet history.
- It really doesn't get much more American than Katie's classic, girl next door vibe.
- American royalty in their own right, Jay and Bey are America's favorite sweethearts.
- American socialite and Moda Operandi founder Lauren has a classic taste with an edgy sensibility, making her the ultimate modern American fashion icon.
- The President and Executive Creator Director of J.Crew has been called the "woman who dresses America", and with good reason.
- We mean...duh.
- This All-American supermodel grew up is homegrown from St. Louis.
- Kate is another young actress with a decidedly American style -- a little trendy, a little edgy, and not afraid of a good basic.
In the spirit of patriotism (and it being summer, and the Fourth of July being this week), we're taking a look back at some of our favorite all-American style icons.
From Jackie Kennedy to Gwyneth Paltrow and Beyonce, there are some women (and a few men!) who personify what it means to have a classic, all-American style. Though the look has changed a little since Jackie's time, there are some style icons who will always be just that -- iconic.
Click through the gallery to see who made our cut!