Nicole Scherzinger reveals battle with bulimia

Nicole Scherzinger Reveals Battle With Bulimia

Nicole Scherzinger reveals her battle with bulimia in the latest issue of British Cosmopolitan.

The singer, who is best known for her involvement with The Pussycat Dolls, says she struggled with the eating disorder for nearly a decade in her 20s and that it "robs you of living your life." She says she felt it was important to share her story because she was able to beat it.

She told the magazine,"I had started losing my voice, I couldn't sing at shows, and then I remember my manager finding me passed out on the floor... I thought, 'I'm going to lose everything I love if I don't love myself. One day when you feel like you've reached the end, you just say, 'I'm not doing this anymore.'"

Scherzinger joins a list of artists who have opened up about battling eating disorders under the spotlight. Most recently, Lady Gaga also admitted in Vanity Fair she was bulimic at the beginning of her career. And Mary-Kate Olsen's rep revealed to People Magazine that the star admitted herself to a rehab facility just before she turned 18 for an eating disorder.

You can check out Scherzinger's full interview in the August issue that goes on sale Thursday.

Nicole Scherzinger Is Dynamite in Denim

TripleXKimberly July 07 2014 at 7:04 AM

She is Gorgeous and the Key is to always remember your self worth!

dl0007 July 07 2014 at 6:06 AM

Beautiful...Sexy....Gorgeous...Stunning! One of God's best creations!

drawee July 07 2014 at 9:43 AM

WHO??????? Never heard of her!

m.g.c.d drawee July 07 2014 at 2:20 PM

She was a member of the Pussycat Dolls. It's ok to come out of your cave now.

lunalite1 July 07 2014 at 7:10 AM

these types of articles encourage young stupid girls to do these things to look like models in Magazines. What we need is to stop that look that that they have in Magazines as if it's the way EVERYONE SHOULD LOOK. Most designers want woman with no ****, no ass and no waist. They actually look like young boys. iT SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW TO USE photo shop in magazines to sell over priced cloths. Cloths that most normal people WILL NEVER BUY OR AFFORD TO BUY!

mygailbaby July 07 2014 at 8:45 AM

Admittedly, she is beautiful but, if she were heavier most of you won't call her that, so she and similar others fall into eating disorders. Yes, it is your fault for ONLY finding the SUPER thin beautiful.

muneca1800 July 07 2014 at 6:30 AM

Much better looking than the KK.

vahendren July 07 2014 at 10:19 AM

Seriously, is this looking for another 15 minutes? Whoever heard of her in the first place? Is she thinking this will make her famous?

m.g.c.d vahendren July 07 2014 at 2:19 PM

She was a member of the Pussycat Dolls and is already famous.

Velocity105 July 07 2014 at 11:22 AM

She's a babe that's hard to match. Jessica Alba, Kim Kardashian, Selena Gomez, Jennifer Hudson, Nicole Schirtzinger, all peas from the same pod.

ptjen July 07 2014 at 3:41 PM

I hate to sound unsympathetic but I know so many people suffering from serious disease who do/did nothing to cause their illness - Try someone who never smoked with stage 4 lung cancer that progressed to end stage in months; a young woman who has epilepsy, was raped and had very premature twins; many women I know with breast cancer and several who have died; men with high risk prostate cancer... You get the point. I realize it's not as easy as just starting to eat. But it is self-imposed harm. So take care of it and don't expect too much sympathy...

kevinmailander July 07 2014 at 4:35 PM

Who cares...life goes on...u either figure it out or deal with the consequences