Adam Richman's show 'Man Finds Food' pulled for Instagram rant

Travel Channel Pulls Show After Host's Controversial Rant

The travel channel has pulled it's show Man Finds Food after it's host, Adam Richman, went on an a hateful Instagram rant. Richman, known best from his hit show Man V. Food had his latest show postponed after engaging in mean spirited conversations on Instagram, where he encouraged one user to kill himself.

Everything started when the 40-year-old posted a picture on his Instagram, writing about how he lost 70 pounds in the last year. He ended with the hashtag "thinspiration."

One activist had an issue with that hashtag. Amber Rose commented on the photo and informed Richman that the term "thinspiration" is commonly used by people with eating disorders. The host didn't take too kindly to Rose, or the others who had a problem with his message, and went off.

He wrote, "Give me a f***ing break. If anyone acts like a c***, I'll call them one. It's not misogyny, it's calling a spade a spade." To others he wrote, "Seriously grab a razor and draw a bath. I doubt anyone will miss you," and "No apology is coming. Only f*** up it seems was your dad's choice to go without a condom."

Richman should have seen the movie Chef. It basically follows a foodie who tries to take on online critics and loses. Just like Jon Favreau's character, Richman seems to have realized that he lost.

The Travel Channel confirmed to the Washington Post that the premiere of Man Finds Food, which was supposed to air on Wednesday, has been postponed. Richman has issued an apology, saying that he has long struggled with body image and has been working hard to achieve a healthy weight. He says he's sorry to anyone he may have hurt.

More on AOL:
'Extreme Weight Loss': Widow Melissa's amazing transformation
Oops! Sign painted in bright white letters on major highway is misspelled
Rachael Ray talks relationship with husband John Cusimano
Manziel's playbook: hanging with Justin Bieber

barry1817 July 02 2014 at 1:54 PM

time for the PC police to just shut up and get a life.

mgt0331 July 02 2014 at 2:01 PM

He should never apologize to anyone, period. All these "offended" jerk offs need to relax and not be so Sensitive. My God, what's next? Maybe the speech police will only allow certain words and must be proof read before spoken. Shame on us. Please do run the warm bath water........

Janet July 02 2014 at 2:17 PM

people need to stop being soooo friggin' sensitive these days! give me a freakin break. the guy posted something on his twitter account, if the person didn't like it, "unfollow" them. simple!!!!!!!! he should not have lost his job over this. #imsooverpeoplebeingPC

revivalman July 02 2014 at 3:45 PM

I've never heard of Adam Richman or his TV show, before reading this article but I'm on his side. Somebody has to "go off" on all the liberal, pompously self-opinionated politically correct police that inhabit our society. They are a nussance, like flies, and need to be swatted at every opportunity.

Mike July 02 2014 at 3:12 PM

thinsperaton...thinsperation...thinsperaton...thinsperation...thinsperaton...thinsperation...thinsperaton...thinsperation...thinsperaton...thinsperation...thinsperaton...thinsperation...thinsperaton...thinsperation...

Have I pissed anyone off yet?

Joseph July 02 2014 at 2:04 PM

If this is important, then I think we should all not speak anymore. Thinspiration? Really, I've never heard the word before.

telvis July 02 2014 at 3:05 PM

It doesn't matter what you say or post, someone some where will be offended.
Welcome to the......
United States of the Offended.

Sandy telvis July 02 2014 at 3:49 PM

You are so correct! And I'm so tired of all these foolishly offended people. They need to grow some skin! Whatever happened to "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"?

onionson Sandy July 02 2014 at 9:30 PM

That saying was never true. The pen is mightier than the sword . IF there is God THEN he uses the spoken word to release his power. Words can help or hurt greatly.

Flag +1 rate up
William Robison III telvis July 02 2014 at 4:11 PM

How dare you put a t in front of Elvis's name. I'm offended by that. ;)

tripsplz William Robison III July 02 2014 at 7:11 PM

And I'm offended that you're offended that you probably offended telvis. I find this whole conversation offensive. P.S. I hope I didn't offend anyone

Flag +6 rate up
aprilrlee July 02 2014 at 2:11 PM

Adam, keep up the good work ( weight loss) . Please put him back on the show.

goodbarnes July 02 2014 at 2:25 PM

The time has come that real Americans deal with liberal speak-thought police and deal with them harshly.

LinkDeVille July 02 2014 at 1:41 PM

I actually enjoy Adam's shows. He matters in the "food TV" world, but he has to learn when to go in and when not to. To you jerks who love pointing fingers...I'll bet this is Obama's fault too, huh?