10 products you'll use over and over again
Summer has arrived along with a new and super fresh crop of beauty products. Come on, girls, it's out with the old and in with the new! I don't know about you, but I've been trying to streamline my beauty routine as of late, sticking just to the essentials and what I know really works. This summer you might be busier than usual, leaving the city for the beach and let's not forget wedding season. I feel like I'm always on the go and don't have the time to spend applying a layer of makeup (not that I want to anyway).
This season, and as per usual, I'm all about clean, glowy skin that's healthily protected from the sun. Pretty pinks and corals to highlight my lips and nails are also something I'm after. Of course, I'm still inspired by the extreme beauty looks seen on the runways, especially the looks featuring a crazy eye or lip for a special event. But during the day, I'm looking to keep it simple, clean and fresh. Want to know my top ten products that I'll be using until the very last drop? Well here you go, lovies, this is my June Glow Guide.
1. Hampton Sun Sun SPF 15 Gel – You already know I'm a fan of this line for its amazing array of skin saving SPF products, but this gel in particular glides on like silk, and is great for protecting your legs, on and off the beach. Plus it's unisex so your man can get involved too.
2. Buxom Divine Goddess Luminizer – The name says it all, don't you think? This mega-sized glow-in-a-bottle is the prettiest. I'm going to use it literally everywhere, and probably most frequently by mixing it in with my body lotion for an overall glowy effect.
3. Smashbox O-Plump Intuitive Lip Plumper – This Intuitive Lip Plumper is enhanced with Goji Berry-C Complex and gives you a plump pink pout that's unique to your lips! It goes on clear and then reacts with your personal skin chemistry to turn lips your own custom shade of pink, while instantly plumping your pout to perfection. The color is just divine.
4. YSL Volupté Sheer Candy Glossy Balm – I couldn't choose between Succulent Pomegranate and Dewy Papaya here, because they are both perfection. They both deliver a sheer veil of brilliant color boosted with vitamin and antioxidant-rich fruit extract. It's ultra-light, sensual texture leaves lips feeling soft and hydrated.
5. James Read Sleep Tan Mask – You all know I'm obsessed with this two-in-one wonder. Apply the mostly clear (its slightly tinted to avoid mistakes) formula before bed, and wake up with a slightly tan, hydrated and super glowy complexion that isn't covered in blemishes.
6. Tom Ford Nail Polish, Coral Beach – This sheer coral peach cream color that's more orangey and less pink is the perfect summer color and great alternative to the typical pink. You must try.
7. Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Glow Duo, Pravella/Janelle – Every girl needs this cream blush sitch ASAP. Each color is gorgeous and can be used alone or combined for a customized look. During the day, I love to apply a tinted moisturizer, concealer and a little cream blush. Really, that's all you need in the summer anyway. This duo also doesn't melt off in the summer heat. It's a dream!
8. Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger – I love this smell! Sweet as honey with subtle flashes of Jasmine and Tuberose, this masterful scent is a sophisticated way to wear ladylike florals. I saw this first on Elin Kling's The Wall, and knew I had to try it. Oh, and this passed my scent test. I receive multiple compliments, "You smell sooo good," when wearing this lovely scent. Trust me.
9. Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Eyeshadow, Lust Red – This color is a rich, blackened violet burgundy with ruby red, blue-violet, and violet shimmer. It's a luxurious super soft and smooth texture that almost feels like velvet. This is a product that lives up to its claim; it wears all night without budging, creasing, or fading. It's neither powder nor cream but a hybrid that creates a "smooth, lasting color film" that can be applied wet or dry. It's going to be my go-to evening eye. I can't help but dig that vampirey effect.
10. Giorgio Armani Sheer Bronzer, Golden Sand – Create the perfect sun-kissed glow using Armani's soft micro-fine bronzing powder. Hands down the BEST bronzer around that delivers perfectly bronze/ coppery color. I borrowed this baby from a friend and I have been hooked ever since. The formula is sheer, but buildable to you really create you own custom (not orangey) shade.