Fascinating facts about your fast food

9 Fast Food Facts You Won't Believe Are Actually True

Consider yourself a fast food fanatic? Maybe you've heard some of these facts before, but if not, prepare to be surprised (and to get really, really hungry).

Did you know ...

-McDonald's chicken McNuggets come in 4 shapes and they all have names: The ball, the bow-tie, the boot and the bell.

-The largest fast food chain in the world isn't McDonald's ... it's Subway.

-The singer Jason Mraz sells avocados to his local Chipotle.

-A 30oz large McDonald's iced tea has as much sugar as two snickers.

-The founders of outback steakhouse never went to Australia.

-Ben & Jerry's has chunks because Ben has anosmia (the loss of a sense of smell) so he relies on "mouth-feel" when eating.

-A traditional Christmas dinner in Japan consists of KFC. They place orders 2 months in advance.

-In the contiguous U.S. you can never be more than 115 miles from a McDonald's

-Pizza Hut once spent $1 million to deliver a pizza. Seem ridiculous? Well, Pizza Hut did have to send it pretty far -- ahem -- to space.

More on AOL:
People try contouring for the first time
Surprising secrets about Trader Joe's
How to win at 5 classic board games

hemirr1980 July 06 2014 at 11:07 AM

Fact: Ben and Jerry's hasnt been owned by Ben or Jerry for years.

z.rollick July 06 2014 at 11:44 AM

Fun fact: The potatoes used by McDonalds are sprayed with a chemical so toxic, the farmers don't go into their fields for three days.

James July 06 2014 at 6:49 PM

The title of this article says...There's a Reason Ben & Jerry has Chunks...Ben has ansomia (the loss of a sense of smell), so he relies on 'mouth-feel' when eating...They spelled Ben's condition wrong...The loss of sense of smell is...Anosmia...[Proof read or spell check...Chucklin'.]

ladycict James July 06 2014 at 8:39 PM

I have anosmia. It not only effects my sense of smell but also sense of taste. Like Ben, I too eat by texture which isn't really pleasurable. I can taste salt, sweet, bitter and sour, the 4 sensations on the tongue, but cannot taste garlic, onion, spices like cinnamon on toast. I only taste the sugar. I cannot differentiate between different meats other than by texture. It is a good thing that a friend of mine happened to be visiting one day and smelled the rotten egg odor in propane gas. A check on my indoor water heater revealed substantial propane leakage around it. But for the grace of God, my house didn't blow up. On the down side, I don't look forward to mealtime. But as a positive note: Cleaning out a very gross cat litter box does not require a clothespin to be placed firmly on my nose while doing the task. :-}

tpbhome July 06 2014 at 3:40 PM

Ben and Jerry are far left socialists and I have not gone in there in years.

Susan tpbhome July 06 2014 at 3:59 PM

You mean they are really nice guys who give a lot of money to charity, are fair employers, and creative and fun people?

James tpbhome July 06 2014 at 6:16 PM

Don't worry, they don't sell to people whose IQs are below 70. They might gag on the benefits to others.

bigred8690 July 06 2014 at 3:46 PM

Too bad even this left-wing ice cream isn't allowed in Michelle Obama's cafeterias.

Susan bigred8690 July 06 2014 at 4:00 PM

Left wing ice cream. Do you have ANY idea how stupid that sounds?

kkoloff July 06 2014 at 7:34 PM

ben and jerrys can suck a **** hole

Steve-a-rino July 06 2014 at 8:50 PM

B&J's needs to get a new taster because their "new" flavors taste like crap. Their great heath bar crunch is now toffee bar crunch and tastes NOTHING like the old version. I won't buy it again.

wrascil July 06 2014 at 9:22 PM

looking at this I am thinking I know who killed nichole...
OJ I S INNOCENT

wlh1923 July 06 2014 at 9:32 PM

How about the newest flavor that Ben came up with? Fresh Vomit - with big warm chunks.