6 ways to style a classic LBD
- More professional and conservative. Perfect for work, a lunch meeting, or even drinks with the girls. I'd go with a slightly longer hemline if you're in a more conservative environment.
- Easy and casual. Tie on a flannel to dress down a LBD for errands, walking the dog, or pretty much anything else that doesn't require you to be dressed up.
- A LBD is the perfect base for layers, which create more interest and dimension. This could be great for more creative/laid back work environments. It would also be perfect for brunch or a more casual lunch date.
- A denim jacket & a little black dress are a match made in heaven, in my opinion. This outfit can be worn for so many different occasions. I think it's a perfect date night outfit.
- Sometimes the only thing a LBD needs is accessories. The brights and metallics here make it a little more playful and fun. You could wear this to a wedding or anything that requires you to be more dressed up. Use your accessories to reflect your personality.
- Laid back layers. I'm totally throwing this outfit on this weekend and heading to the farmer's market. It can be worn for all kinds of things -- coffee with a friend, breakfast on the weekend, shopping -- but I feel like it's made for the farmer's market.
For a girl who loves fashion, I'm embarrassed to say that until now, I haven't really had a go-to little black dress. I have a few black dresses in my closet, but none that I really love (you'd think I'd get rid of them!) or that are very versatile.
When I saw this shift dress in TopShelf Boutique during the event I co-hosted recently, I knew it had to come home with me. Shifts are the most flattering style on my body and are also super versatile. This dress is literally a blank slate and can be styled hundreds of different ways. It feels good to have a dress that I can wear for almost anything!
Click through the gallery to see six ways to wear a classic LBD.