Did dad charged in son's death research hot-car fatality?

Did Dad Charged In Son's Death Research Hot-Car Fatality?

The story was already horrifying - the death of a 22-month-old boy after his father left him in a car on a hot day. But now, new reports voice suspicions about the death.

One comes from HLN - take a look at this headline: "Dad made disturbing search before tot's death."

According to HLN's anonymous source, that disturbing search on a computer seized from the office of 33-year-old Justin Ross Harris was the phrase "how long does it take for an animal to die in a hot car?"

While HLN's online headline focuses on the father, the network's on-air reporter was much more careful.

‚Äč"Police found that someone searched ... Two caveats here, they do not know or have not said when the search was conducted, and no confirmation that it was Harris who conducted that search."

The basic details aren't exclusive to HLN. Atlanta's WAGA also reported about the alleged search and cited an unnamed law enforcement official.

Harris has pleaded not guilty to murder and child cruelty charges, saying he forgot his son Cooper Harris was in the back seat until he finished his work day about seven hours later.

CNN reports police have declined to comment about the alleged search query and have not disclosed whether it was what led to Harris' arrest shortly after the incident.

But police say the evidence they do have indicates this might not have been an accident.

According to NBC, a criminal warrant released Wednesday indicates Harris took his son to breakfast before heading to work and even returned to the vehicle at some point during lunch.

ABC reports medical examiners believe the boy's cause of death is consistent with hyperthermia, but an official ruling will be released pending a toxicology test.

Cooper Harris' funeral is Saturday. Justin Harris is currently being held without bail and is set to appear in court next month.

More on AOL:
California authorities arrest 275 child predators
Police: Shia LaBeouf removed from Broadway theater
36 taken to hospital after Texas floor collapses

johnb5137 June 27 2014 at 12:17 PM

To all you 11,000 people who signed that petition. How could you put the suffering of that poor baby to the side and be on the side of this monster. I cant imagine what that poor baby went through. Let me stick you in a car for 20 minutes like that and see how you feel. You 11,000 people should go straight to HELL!!!!

jamooreem June 27 2014 at 12:23 PM

How do you forget your son in a car? No one is that stupid.

BroPower June 27 2014 at 12:34 PM

I have no idea if this man purposely allowed his son to die.
But this death reminds me of
all the 'co-sleeping' infant death cases
(2 dozen each year)
that happen in Milwaukee's inner city.
NEVER are these black mothers
charged with a crime of any kind...!

rickydh1956 June 27 2014 at 12:27 PM

Lock him in a hot car with no food or water and forget about him.

WolfClouds rickydh1956 June 27 2014 at 3:25 PM

Yes! Let the punishment fit the crime.

ladybaylee WolfClouds June 27 2014 at 6:53 PM

TOTALLY agree with all of you; the punishment should fit the crime.

Flag 0 rate up
Marcia June 27 2014 at 12:16 PM

Sounds like a Casey Anthony copy cat.

This dad thinks he is so clever. Hope he rots in prison. Better yet, exits planet earth by lethal injection.

billcdaly June 27 2014 at 12:27 PM

I would have no trouble calling the police if I saw a child alone in a car, especially a hot car in the summer.
Hope more feel the same way I do.

arcoregar June 27 2014 at 12:21 PM

You forgot your child was in your own vehicle? Seriously...that's what your going with? What a freaking monster.

tgmarks arcoregar June 27 2014 at 6:11 PM

if he forgot then he has no brain...seriously I beleive it was deliberate...

jvmcfla@aim.com June 27 2014 at 12:27 PM

I was wondering why the mother of this beautiful little boy who is now dead is? I cannot imagine her pain and if the father is found guilty I wish for someone to kill him in prison!!! I read more and more stories about parents killing their children every single day! It sickens me!!!

lv2213frs June 27 2014 at 12:29 PM

That is very disturbing news. I google a lot of things after watching television programs but I simply can't come up with a scenario where that would be one of them. I hope they can find out what the truth is with this poor little baby's death.

cogdis lv2213frs June 27 2014 at 4:23 PM

If you type "How long does it take an animal to die" into google it will automatically suggest "in a hot car?" along with other finishers. Somebody could have been searching for something else entirely when that was clicked (and this happens often).

hway395 June 27 2014 at 2:07 PM

I'm asking myself: If I *intended* to kill my great grandchild, would I have returned to my car at lunch or at anytime during the day? I think *not*.

Back to School Deal

A new item every day in August
Back to School deal