Cat welcomes soldier home

Cats Welcomes Home Soliders Too

If you believe only dogs can welcome home soldiers, you need to watch the video of a Ragdoll cat named Finn welcoming his owner, Nick, back home.

Since the video was first posted back in April, it's been viewed more than two million times. Finn seems to understand that his owner is returning soon (or perhaps it's a kitty sixth sense), and he paces in front of the door before Nick even enters. Then, when Nick finally pops in, it takes Finn a few seconds to really process that he's home. After a quick pillow sniff, Finn jumps into his arm in a moment that is sure to make hearts burst.

As far as feline reunions go, the moment when the "Lion Whisperer" Kevin Richardson reunited with his two huge pals definitely takes the cake.

Still, both stories go against the stereotype that cats are too cool or aloof to love their owners.

Is your cat this happy to see you? Share your thoughts in the comments, and check out these other utterly adorable reunions:

Dog missing for 20 months in Tahoe wilderness is reunited with family
Dog delighted to be reunited with family after surgery
Dog reunited with lost owner after nearly 500-mile trek

vrf19977 June 26 2014 at 10:08 AM

Cats are VERY emotional creatures. This was such a sweet display of love and affection

adika3z vrf19977 June 26 2014 at 8:59 PM

yes cat is a great pat pet at home.
cat is a pretty sweet wonderful animal.
thank god made the cat.

Lana Jo June 26 2014 at 10:17 AM

When I pull my car into the driveway she heads for the door & is standing there when I come in. And when I'm gone for a couple days she follows me around and as soon as I sit down she's on my lap and won't get off. Love my kitty!

Ashleigh June 26 2014 at 10:32 AM

Of course The cat remembers his person! Cats can also smell other animals, people, scents for great distances, even when not in the room. My cats are always happy to see me. They wait at the door for me and greet me. When I am gone, or when my boyfriend is gone a long time his cat gets sad and mopey. They miss their people just like we miss other special people.

Judith June 26 2014 at 11:03 AM

Our Ragamuffin is always waiting at the door when one (or both of us) comes home. She's very well aware of the sounds of either my partner's or my car. If he's been out, for instance, I know when he's home because she runs to the patio door even before the car turns the corner and parks (parking place is in front of the patio, in the parking lot). When either one of us is out and comes home she does the same - she dances around, rubs against legs, and vocally greets with chirrups and meows. If both of us were out it's really amazing to watch - she doesn't know who to greet first so she goes back and forth, forth and back, vocalizing, dancing, and just plain shows how happy she is that we're home. Cats are marvelous! We love dogs, too, but condo rules allow only one pet, so we chose a cat - litter box in the house won out over having to walk a dog in rain, snow, sleet, freezing weather...

slackwarerobert Judith June 26 2014 at 4:13 PM

don't you have a laundry chute like As Good as it Gets did? Not that you should get rid of the proper choice anyways.
But nothing beats the warmth and affection you get from a cat stuffed in your jacket on the way to the vet on your motorcycle.

savannahswithgod June 26 2014 at 10:07 AM

My cats welcome me everytime I come back too and expect something from that trip to be handed out to eat. Greatest animals on the planet. Very fragile though.

slackwarerobert savannahswithgod June 26 2014 at 4:09 PM

Fragile? Mine can take out a german shepard, and will make your face look like monkey womens friend from NJ. He knows what flesh is easiest to hurt. and what doesn't give good results. Stupid dogs give warnings, first thing you notice is a deep open wound where your eyes were.

Hennessy slackwarerobert June 26 2014 at 10:04 PM

Cashews, pecans, walnuts, almonds...

I thought of these things reading Slack's comment

Flag +1 rate up
mayville97 June 26 2014 at 10:24 AM

My cats knew the jingle of my keys and always waited for me by the door. My wife would say they were somewhere sleeping or hiding and as soon heard me coming, they ran to greet me. Miss them. :0(

larry g. June 26 2014 at 10:12 AM

there's nothing like having a little *****
waiting for you when you get home.

EricS June 26 2014 at 10:17 AM

Huff has to have the worse headlines on their thumbnails. Totally sensationalism.

"Cat Can't Stand Still When Soldier..." vs actual "Cat welcomes soldier home".

What is so "unexpected" about a cat jumping up on its owner? I was expecting to see cat rolling on its back for a belly rub. Or cat purring like crazy, rubbing on its owner. Or even cat rolling around like a dog, and jumping around.

notonlymesab June 26 2014 at 11:46 AM

My cat sits in the window by the deck and waits for me after work. When she sees me, she beats me to the door to welcome me home!

normandyv June 26 2014 at 2:15 PM

Men who love cats are the coolest.