Dog goes wild when reunited with 'dad'

Pup Welcomes Soldier Home With Emotional Reunion

When Lt. Gary Daugherty came home from more than six months overseas, Bugaboo was really happy to be reunited with her dad ... and we mean REALLY happy.

Lt. Gary Daugherty's reunion with his "daddy's girl of a puppy" is totally adorable, from its heart-warming start to the howling finish. It's almost as if Bugaboo bursts into the doggy version of an overwhelmed (and overjoyed) crying fit.

Though it was uploaded last June, this sweet moment has recently gone viral, delighting over nine million people and counting. In the comments section, people admitted that they were so moved, they could barely type their reactions!

If you've got some tissues handy, check out these other moments of people being reunited with their beloved pooches:

Dog missing for 20 months in Tahoe wilderness is reunited with family
Dog delighted to be reunited with family after surgery
Dog reunited with lost owner after nearly 500-mile trek

chrissf4529 June 25 2014 at 2:18 PM

When you see what these 'pets' are capable of, I have a hard time understanding how people can be cruel to them.

lorraine.usa chrissf4529 June 25 2014 at 5:11 PM

me too

R chrissf4529 June 25 2014 at 6:45 PM

Agree. Those people are the same ones who are also cruel to human beings.

justworkinggirl June 25 2014 at 2:35 PM

This is why dogs are the most awesome creatures God ever created.

I travel frequently for business. I'm usually gone anywhere from 7-10 days, about once a month.

While I'm gone, I board my dog at a boarding facility, which she thinks is doggy heaven. While I'm out travelling, she gets to spend all day playing with other dogs, so she has a great time there.

But, the instant I come to pick her up, as soon as she sees me, she starts crying and jumping, so ecstatic to see Momma come home.

When I am apart from her for even a week I miss her like crazy, and as soon as they bring her out, I just get so excited too. All thoughts of being road weary and tired just go right out of my head. I love coming home to her every bit as much as she loves seeing me come home.

Dogs are just the bestest most awesomest animals on the planet. My girl is my joy and my light!

Eddie June 25 2014 at 1:58 PM

And they say animals don't have feelings. That is such a beautiful story. Thank you.

lalalexm1 June 25 2014 at 2:39 PM

If only us humans could love unconditionally like dogs do. If only we could be as loyal as dogs are. We could learn from them.

tcellguru lalalexm1 June 26 2014 at 12:10 AM

Wow, awesome thoughts, lala

onionson June 25 2014 at 2:17 PM

This beats the story about the girlfriend who sold the soldiers dog while he was in Afghanistan all to heck!

surferlaments June 25 2014 at 3:27 PM

i know it might sound crazy, but about 3/4 of the way through the video, i thought i heard the dog say.... i love you. welcome home Lt. daughtery.

Gina June 25 2014 at 3:00 PM

I love dogs! These stories are so sweet! Much better than reading people's negative comments bashing others when they themselves have issues that other people would surely down if they weren't hiding behind a computer!

tcellguru Gina June 26 2014 at 12:11 AM

I'm the ultimate suker for a stray, the latest one is awesome, a gentle giant..

Anne Boleyns Crown June 25 2014 at 2:29 PM

LOVE it! Now I'm going to go love on my dog, Briar!

Diana June 25 2014 at 1:56 PM

What a wonderful story, much better than reading about Melissa McCarthy and how she likes being fat - really?

crrunch June 25 2014 at 4:21 PM

I haven't seen an animal THAT happy ...maybe ever! Whoever said animals don't have souls seriously missed the mark.

World Series