Wozniacki: No Internet dating for me

Wozniacki: I'm Perfectly Fine Being Single
BY DENNIS PASSA
AP SPORTS WRITER

LONDON (AP) -- Caroline Wozniacki appears to be moving on from her breakup with golfer Rory McIlroy. Just don't ask her about Internet dating.

"I think I'm not that desperate," Wozniacki said, smiling. "I'll just see what happens. I'm perfectly fine being single at the moment. It's pretty hard to sweep me off my feet. It would have to take someone very special. You know, you never know."

The 23-year-old Danish player was questioned about her love life after beating Shahar Peer of Israel 6-3, 6-0 on Tuesday in the completion of a rain-delayed, first-round match at Wimbledon.

Wozniacki lost her first-round match at last month's French Open just a week after McIlroy ended their relationship as the wedding invitations were being sent out.

Asked again Tuesday about the breakup, she said: "I feel like I've answered that question a lot of times."

Wozniacki was coy when asked about Feliciano Lopez, a 32-year-old Spanish player.

When a reporter said she seemed to have a "great admirer" in Lopez, she replied: "You noticed?"

The reporter noted that Lopez has watched her matches and knows her father.

"He's already making his way in through my dad?" she said with a laugh.

Wozniacki said she noticed that Lopez had been "on the sidelines" of her matches at last week's Wimbledon warm-up in Eastbourne, where the Spaniard won the men's title.

"He's a great guy," she said. "This is very awkward."

Wozniacki also spoke of her bond with Serena Williams, calling her "an amazing friend." The two spent time together in Miami after their early exits in Paris, where Williams lost in the second round.

"She's always been there for me whenever I've needed her," Wozniacki said.

"After everything that she's achieved in her professional career, as well, that she finds time ... she wants to help out a friend who needs it sometimes. It's just nice to have good people around you."

tornekrayville June 25 2014 at 2:43 AM

Just as long as she stays away from two timing Woody Woods pecker

donnagiovane1 tornekrayville June 25 2014 at 9:19 AM

He's dating lindsay vonn, genius. why would he want her?

tmccull52 donnagiovane1 June 25 2014 at 11:14 AM

Are you kidding? He was married to an absolutely beautiful woman, and he cheated on her dozens of times, with God only knows how many other women. If his track record is any indication, what makes you think that he would stay faithful to Lindsay Vonn?

Flag +1 rate up
grayce tornekrayville June 25 2014 at 1:09 PM

What has Tiger to do with this? absolutely nothing, ridiculous comment,

CCCCC June 25 2014 at 10:28 AM

she is a beautiful woman. I wish her all the happiness she deserves.!!!

donnagiovane1 June 25 2014 at 9:22 AM

I thought F. Lopez was engaged to some older woman...guess not anymore. (These tennis players get in and out of relationships lke most ppl get in and out of their cars, it's nuts.) Also, after the whole serena ridiculing incident that time, happy to know the two ladies ARE in fact friendly/friends. Women should encourage each other more not tear each other down.

ladybaylee June 25 2014 at 9:08 AM

Girl, believe it or not there will be someone to come along MUCH better than Rory.
Been there done that MANY years ago.
WISH YOU ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD.

dexrmerritt June 25 2014 at 9:31 AM

probably not model material enough for RM ... he probably wants some supermodel for his eyecandya dn trophy....

Pllc15 June 25 2014 at 9:36 AM

I would say any mutual attraction W & M had for each other ended up being a mutual distraction toward each other's respective careers.

primussux June 25 2014 at 9:40 AM

Delicioso Lopez and Sunshine......how beautiful life is, when you're in the world !!!! Don't f up, Feliciano, me thinks Peter might be hard to reason with. He looks tough.

abcborderline1 June 25 2014 at 10:52 AM

ALREADY? That's what's wrong. Way to early to be dating after a failed engagement.

bchbum63 abcborderline1 June 26 2014 at 10:36 AM

Everyone is different. You have no clue as to what their engagement entailed. The fact that he called it off via text is a good indication that it wasn't the "norm".

olympictorchrun4 June 25 2014 at 12:10 PM

People who are getting married giving up their freedom. Single people don't have to concoct any excuses or lies to their jealous companion. Single people don't have to fight expensive divorce settlements and children custody battle. Who needs it? Stay single my friends and you can have any partner your heart desires. Be smart and enjoy life the easy way!

kimmer0310 olympictorchrun4 June 26 2014 at 9:38 AM

If you are happy being single that's wonderful. There are many advantages. You could've stopped at that.

However insulting and tearing down marriage is unnecessary and reeks of bitterness.

There are those of us that enjoy the benefits of a happy, healthy marriage.

I wish you peace.

oujoou June 25 2014 at 11:32 AM

Seems like a nice girl. She should worry more about her sub par tennis. :( Maybe take a lesson from the Madame of all athletic Blondes - Sharapova - and be known for her sport achievements too. :) Wow. It's Wimbledon? Where are my Sugarpova candies? :)