The trend report: Overalls are back in a big way
- DNKY Spring/Summer 2014
- Rag & Bone Spring/Summer 2014
- Milly Spring/Summer 2014
- Ashley Madekwe in Guess overalls.
- Trendsetter Prince George of Cambridge with mom Kate Middleton, watching Prince William and Prince Harry play polo.
- Ashley Tisdale in a pair of gray overalls at LAX.
- Naomi Watts wheels her bike while sporting a classic pair of her own.
- Coral Court in a pair of American Eagle shorteralls.
- January Jones is casual-cool while out and about in LA.
- Haute Pink Pretty wears a pair of Forever 21 faux leather overalls.
- Honey & Silk enjoys the sun in black Paige overalls.
- Stuff She Likes wears Topshop overalls for a simple outfit.
- The Stylish Wanderer wears American Apparel overalls for a perfect berry picking outfit.
As the summer days start getting longer and hotter, comfortable clothes are a necessity. Possibly one of the most comfortable articles of clothing to wear is a simple pair of denim overalls. The denim one piece has gone through a major transformation this season -- from a something made for toddlers, into an edgy outfit for any time of day. Overalls were all over the runway at New York Fashion Week, and celebrities on the street are wearing them too. Whether it's classic blue denim, a pair of "shorteralls", or even black to dress up the look, overalls are really everywhere.
Celebs like Ashley Madekwe, Sarah Jessica Parker, and obviously, Prince George have already jumped on the new trend. Not to be left behind, brands like DKNY, Rag & Bone, and Milly showed their take on these denim onesies on the spring/summer runways. Incredibly versatile for either those really hot days or an edgy look for a night out, overalls are an easy trend to apply to your everyday style.
Click through the gallery for our full report on the trend.