30 reasons why Queen Letizia of Spain should be your new style icon
1. For starters, she's Queen Letizia now. So how could she not be a style icon?
Wearing: Felipe Varela
2. Her daughters, Princess Sofia and Princess Leonor are too cute for words.
3. She's a master of black and white separates.
4. Because her LBD is not your average LBD.
5. Because THIS.
6. Her blazer collection puts our office wardrobes to shame.
7. She knows that a little bit of sparkle goes a long way.
8. She's a fan of nautical stripes.
9. She can rock a suit like nobody's business.
10. She knows the power of a classic trench.
11. She knows when to let her fiery red dress do all the talking, wearing minimal jewelry.
12. Tweed, please!
13. This stunning pink suit, but more importantly, those shoes.
14. Everything about this outfit.
15. Her chic, business-perfect dresses, with matching blazer and shoes of course.
16. A gorgeous pop-of-color scarf.
17. Her appreciation for lace.
18. This simple red dress, paired with snakeskin pumps.
19. Because they're essentially the perfect couple.
20. Seriously, her shoe collection is insane.
21. Her subtle sex-appeal in this off-the-shoulder dress.
22. This youthful, flowing skirt.
23. Hello risk-taker! (Obviously she nailed it.)
24. Because she's a royal and she wears leather pants.
25. Because of her insanely enviable dress collection.
26. Because she rocks animal print every once in a while.
27. Neutral perfection!
28. Because she upped the cool factor with this leather skirt.
29. Because she has the perfect LWD.
30. Just like our other favorite royal (Hey Kate!), she loves a pair of colored skinny jeans.
BACK TO SLIDE
Move aside, Kate and William! As of Thursday, June 19th, Spain has a new King and Queen, and they're stealing the spotlight. Prince Felipe of Asturias, 46, became King Felipe VI of Spain when his father King Juan Carlos abdicated the throne, and Felipe's wife has become Queen Consort. As Spain starts a new chapter and Queen Letizia steps into her new role, the world has taken yet another look at the stunning royal from Spain.
On Thursday, the crown was handed to King Felipe in a no-frills ceremony. The King wore a military uniform, and Spain's new Queen glittered in a crystal-embellished coat by one of her favorite designers, Felipe Varela.
Queen Letizia, 41, has been a fashion icon since she became a Princess in May 2004. Often compared to the Duchess of Cambridge, we love Letizia's style because while she does wear a lot of classic silhouettes and has a seriously impressive blazer collection, she's also not afraid to take risks. We can't imagine Duchess Kate rocking a silk jumpsuit, can you?!
Click through the gallery above for 30 reasons why Queen Letizia of Spain should be your new style icon.