Juicy Couture is closing all U.S. stores
- Paris Hilton waves to the crowd in a classic hot pink velour jumpsuit. Marilyn would have been proud.
- Britney Spears is the epitome of circa-2001 cool in this too long for her pair o' Juicy sweats.
- Lindsay Lohan accessorizes with a knit scarf and flip-flops. Makes sense.
- Paris goes all dark and mysterious on us for a night out in her Juicy sweats. There truly is a tracksuit for every occasion and time of day.
- J. Lo workin' up a sweat in her baby pink tracksuit. Do we spy a graphic tee underneath?
- Nicole Richie has come so far since the cropped, short-sleeve terrycloth sweatshirt days.
OK, Paris wins.
A part of our childhood hearts break to hear the news that Juicy Couture will be closing all U.S. locations towards the end of June. As the once celebrity-adored label shutter its brick-and-mortar stores, it truly may be the end of an era. The era, that is, of trendy terrycloth and velour sweatpants and zip-ups, which were often branded with the word "JUICY". There is no other trend of lounge wear that took over the women's fashion world with such ease. Because of stars like Paris Hilton and Britney Spears, the velour tracksuit stole the hearts of many tweens and young women alike. Juicy created and defined the time when it was cool, and dare we say, chic, to wear a matching zip-up sweatshirt and sweatpants combo.
Racked LA confirmed that Juicy's Pasadena and Malibu locations in California are now closed for good, with plans to close their branch in the Camarillo Outlets next week. If you are still in need of an authentic Juicy Couture hoodie, a lot of the stores are offering huge discounts to rid of all their extra merchandise! Even if you can't make it to a store on time don't fret just yet! The Cut says that Kohl's will still be selling Juicy products through the fall. And who knows, maybe just like high waisted jean shorts, our beloved Juicy tracksuits will come back in full force -- with fashion trends, you never know. In honor of their impending scarcity, we put together a collection of nostalgic photos of the late, great, Juicy Couture tracksuits. RIP, Juicy.
Check out the gallery above to see a few celebrities rocking Juicy Couture!