Pearl Jam performs cover of 'Let It Go' from 'Frozen'

Pearl Jam Performs Cover Of 'Let It Go' From 'Frozen'

What do Pearl Jam singer and grunge icon Eddie Vedder and "Frozen" star and snow queen Elsa have in common? More than you might think. No, your ears aren't deceiving you - that was the real Eddie Vedder, actually singing "Let It Go" at a concert in Milan Friday night. The band broke into the "Frozen" anthem while jamming out after playing its song "Daughter." Out Magazine says in covering "Let It Go," Vedder joins a long list of YouTubers, weathercasters, Demi Lovato and even Mr. Freeze, of Batman fame, who have also covered the chart-topper.

But it looks like Pearl Jam's cover might have put the cover on ice for some critics. A columnist for io9 writes: "This is it, folks. The end of the line. The shark has been jumped." And some YouTube commenters agreed, writing, "I guess we're just gonna pretend that 'Let It Go' wasn't out of his vocal range and he didn't blow a lot of the notes?" And, "the let it go cover sounded awful." For what it's worth, the audience didn't seem to mind all that much. They even joined in toward the end, singing along during the chorus.

Pearl Jam is currently on a European tour that wraps up in July, but there's still no word on whether more Disney covers are on the way.

Randy1953 June 23 2014 at 2:24 PM

As far as performing " Let it go " I have a suggestion ..... let it go !

hfh June 23 2014 at 2:37 PM

Pearl Jam is so tight they just play songs in concert for fun cause a fan is wearing a T-shirt

cgssnavickas June 23 2014 at 2:34 PM

Another case of a song being beaten to death. Remember back when Titanic came out all you heard was My Heart Will go on? Another song I never care to hear again.

Kristen June 23 2014 at 5:58 PM

One line, as a tag, is not a cover. And leave the guys vocal range alone-how many parents sing out of tune every day to their kids. That's possibly all this was-an inside joke between bandmates that are all a little tired of the little ones around the house singing this incessantly. All fun, no need to rip. Sheesh. :)

astin827 June 23 2014 at 5:07 PM

Fox News forever !

astin827 June 23 2014 at 5:06 PM

Gee -I hate to be redundant but when will Huffy stop being cutisie with newsy-----------you are the worst news gathering whatever in the world. Who else would play 5 seconds of a song the "story" is supposed to be about and devote 45 seconds having some bimbo telling us about it. Or am I missing something?

r_porterfield June 23 2014 at 3:35 PM

This is why I love not having cable or reading mainstream news or media unless I choose. I don't even know what the hell this song sounds like. Stop reading mainstream news and music unless you WANT to. Stop just letting them cram useless garbage down your throats.

onlyway2goisup June 23 2014 at 2:44 PM

A great song that should always be belted out but not by using a belt to literaly be beaten to death meaning :death=absence of life!

growlrr June 23 2014 at 1:33 PM

OMG I wish there was a way to "unhear" that mess....It'll haunt me for days now

Laurette June 23 2014 at 2:14 PM

I'm so sick of this song I'm not even goning to listen to it

Back to School Deal

A new item every day in August
Back to School deal