Swanky California hotel offers drone delivery service

Swanky California Hotel Offers Drone Delivery Service

SAUSALITO, CALIFORNIA- Staying at a fancy hotel? Want champagne? No problem, just ask the drone to fetch it for you.

This isn't a scene from the Jetsons, it's a reality at one swanky California hotel, which is using this high-tech accommodation to lure high-end guests.

Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa in Sausalito, California is offering free drone delivery service to guests, bringing whatever they want: treats, drinks, toys, etc.

Thing is, luxury drone service isn't cheap. The suite offering the flying delivery service costs $10,000 a night, with a private gym, a full kitchen, outdoor jacuzzi and giant video wall.

The hotel says they've got solid bookings through the summer of 2015. The best part of drone service? You don't have to tip this bellhop.

George June 20 2014 at 4:17 PM

More money than they have sense.

Rockweed George June 20 2014 at 7:39 PM

Yeah, early warning signs of affluenza are "high E" (high entitlement count) and corresponding low CS (low common sense factor) in their PBE titer (perception, behavior and expectations analysis)...

jgesselberty June 20 2014 at 3:26 PM

Hey, I wonder how many of those paying ten thou a night are among the California elite liberals that support the denigration of the one percent?

kcarthey jgesselberty June 20 2014 at 7:47 PM

Nah. This is just another bonus the Texas Conservatives love to toss their money at. Gov. Rick may be living here in January anyway.

lletraw June 20 2014 at 7:37 PM

Anybody who can blow $10,000,00 on this needs to be slapped.

Kevin June 21 2014 at 6:37 AM

I'm not going to say this is stupid. I'm going to say it's INCREDIBLY stupid.

BARRY AND KATHY Kevin June 21 2014 at 7:23 PM

I paid $4 for a hamburger once. It won't happen again.
I'd love to see these idiots lose ALL their money all of a sudden and not have enough left to buy anything to eat. Maybe then they would understand why people dislike them for their disdain of a sensible lifestyle.
Just because you can buy anything you want, does it mean you should??

sylvabugg2 June 20 2014 at 11:52 PM

Holy ****! If I had $10,000 I sure wouldn't spend it on an overpriced hotel room! Some people have more money than brains!

lukemingst sylvabugg2 June 21 2014 at 3:12 AM

It's actually an entire old mansion that the hotel purchased and refurbished. The views from there are spectacular. It also has something like 10 separate bedrooms. Among other things they're thinking that wedding parties might want to stay there. You could have everybody under one roof.

dmarrs7077 June 20 2014 at 11:30 PM

wait till one of those drones flies into someones eye there

floatgod June 20 2014 at 4:52 PM

Blue State that despises the "1%"
But they do not despise rich Libs from Marin County.

kcarthey floatgod June 20 2014 at 7:48 PM

Why would anyone living in Marin stay in a hotel in Marin? This is for the out of staters.

coopdabomb kcarthey June 21 2014 at 6:34 AM

For the same reason they voted for the great black hope. They are not very bright.

Flag 0 rate up
lukemingst floatgod June 21 2014 at 3:10 AM

You really don't know much about Sausalito, do you. Hint: There are multi-million dollar yachts parked almost across the street from the hotel. Sausalito is all about big money....and tourism.

Rockweed June 20 2014 at 8:11 PM

Wow, skewed values! Can they really not handle "anticipate or do without", or if REALLY necessary, hire a courier or improvise? Man, we seriously need to begin to value (and teach, practice) a little planning, "distress tolerance", ability to delay gratification, common sense! Consequences are AWESOME teachers! "Just because you can doesn't mean you should" is a hard-earned wisdom I remind myself of all the time (my niece and nephew too, as they'll likely laughingly, and with ANY luck at all, appreciatively remember, one fine day). A little restraint, common sense, fore-thought, pays off in abundant and manifold ways. And when it doesn't, the chance to practice distress tolerance, coping skills, does! I don't think society in general is currently so exceedingly well-equipped in such things, what with record spree violence, rage, depression, that we can blithely not worry about such things as distress tolerance, common sense, coping skills, etc...

Mike June 21 2014 at 1:05 AM

.....umm, how much if I bring my own champagne?

lukemingst June 21 2014 at 3:08 AM

OK. I'm a bit surprised by that. I'm a massage therapist at the Spa there and I hadn't heard about the drone.