Nicole Kidman's style transformation
Actress Nicole Kidman is turning 47 on June 20, 2014. Born in Hawaii to Australian parents, she holds dual citizenship to both countries (lucky lady!).
- 18-year-old Nicole Kidman is glowing in this photo with her tight curls and blunt bangs.
- Showing off her stunning black coat with a matching belt, NIcole looks absolutely gorgeous.
- Spotted with husband, Tom Cruise, Nicole is seen wearing a form-fitting dress with sheer stockings.
- In this iconic photo of Nicole, the actress is seen wearing a straw hat and loose pigtails.
- Nicole is seen proudly holding her Golden Globe for 'Best Actress in a Motion Picture" for ' her role in To Die For' in a stunning white strapless gown.
- Nicole Kidman during "Eyes Wide Shut"Premiere in a sexy burgundy dress with a revealing back.
- In a shocking gold gown, Nicole takes a serious risk with this unusual gown with ruffles.
- Nicole Kidman during The 74th Annual Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon, in a conservative cream jacket and matching clutch.
- Nicole Kidman is stunning in an all grey dress with a white collared shirt underneath and patterned stockings.
Showing off her petite figure, Nicole is seen wearing a formfitting mermaid dress with ruffles.
- At theToronto International Film Festival, Nicole steps out in black and white.
- Nicole goes for a sequined Annie Hall look in this glitzy tuxedo at the premiere of "The Human Stain."
- At the "Cold Mountain" premiere in New York, Nicole goes for a ruffled, high-collared blouse and navy suit. Flesh-toned stockings give the look an interesting touch.
- Nicole wore this flapper-style Yves Saint Laurent dress to the Golden Globes.
- Birds of a feather! Nicole knocked it out of the park with this blue satin Gucci gown at the Golden Globes.
- Nicole wears a red-bowed Balenciaga to the Academy Awards.
- Wearing Balenciaga for the second year in a row, Nicole sparkles on the Oscars red carpet.
- A pregnant Nicole wears Yves Saint Laurent to support hubby Keith Urban at the Academy of Country Music Awards.
- At Elle Magazine's Women in Hollywood event, Nicole wears a deep green jewel tone to complement her strawberry blonde hair.
- Nicole goes for belted and sparkly (we think we're seeing a theme here) for the Paris premiere of "Australia."
- Nicole goes for the gold at the "Australia" premiere in Madrid.
- Nicole looks pretty in pink for the UK premiere of "Australia."
- Nicole wears a red embroidered gown at the Country Music Awards.
- It's Balenciaga again for Nicole at the American Music Awards, where she sports this lacy one-shoulder number.
- Nicole looks gorgeous in a simple, black scuba neckline dress at the Grammys.
- At the Academy of Country Music Awards, Nicole opts for her preferred color combo - black and white.
- Nicole looks fab at the CMA Awards in a white lace dress. Her red heels add the perfect pop of color!
- A white and gold dress with a bright orange heel is a bold look paired with a classic that doesn't fail to stun on the red carpet.
- Attending the Billboard Music Awards, Nicole Kidman wears a patterned black dress with a sheer bottom, accentuating the actress' long legs.
- Wearing a dress made of green velvet on top and sheer black fabric on bottom, this outfit is a questionable outlier in Nicole Kidman's usually on-point style.
- Wearing a tuxedo-inspired sheer cutout dress, Nicole Kidman is as poised as can be.
- An up-do puts all the focus on Nicole Kidman's gorgeous red carpet gown.
- Wearing an eccentric red dress, Nicole Kidman lets her hair down.
- In a gold and black dress, Nicole Kidman stuns on the red carpet of the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards.
- Nicole Kidman arrives at the The 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards rocking a golden sheer look.
- Attending 'The Great Gatsby' premiere, Kidman hits the red carpet in a floral dress with matching bright heels.
- Nicole Kidman attends the 'Zulu' premiere at the 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival wearing a gorgeous white gown and complementary red and gold jewelry.
- Nicole Kidman attends the 2013 CMT Music awards at in a classic LBD.
Her first role was as a sheep in the school play at the age of 5... and it's all history from there. We kid, but she knew from a very young age the path she wanted her life to take. She had joined acting school by the age of 10 and by 14 had her first lead role in the Australian film Bush Christmas.
Her breakthrough performance came with the film Dead Calm in 1989, and she garnered worldwide attention for her performances in movies such as Days of Thunder, Far and Away, and Batman Forever. While filming Days of Thunder, she met and fell in love with costar Tom Cruise -- whom she married later that year. The pair were married until 2001, and adopted two children together.
She received a Golden Globe Award and an Academy Award nomination for her performance in the musical Moulin Rouge. She won the Oscar for her performance as Virginia Woolfe in The Hours, and was nominated for an Oscar and Emmy for her roles in Rabbit Hole and Hemingway & Gelhorn, respectively.
Her style has been fairly consistent through the years: she prefers sleek lines and silhouettes. Not switching it up too often with pattern, she does wear a variety of color and a bit of metallic. We love how she's embraced her fair skin and hair, and kept her style classic and timeless.
Click through the gallery above to see her style transformation.