Reporter splits his pants on live TV

NC Reporter Accidentally Splits Pants on Live TV

WXII traffic reporter Chris Lea is the athletic type (he's a professional wrestler), but his attempt at cheerleading left him with a pair of split pants.

During a "Lanie's Backyard BBQ" segment Wednesday on WXII 12 News in Winston-Salem, N.C., Chris challenged a local high school cheerleader to do a toe touch.

The cheerleader performed flawlessly. When Chris tried the same move -- despite a friendly warning from meteorologist Lanie Pope -- things didn't go so well.

The loud "pop" could be audibly heard, sending Chris scurrying away and causing Lanie to laugh hysterically. The video has already been viewed thousands of times, and we hope Chris' ego isn't too bruised. As for the pants? Well, he'll need to go shopping before his next segment.

This isn't the first time a reporter has been in an unexpected situation this week. On June 16th, Meteorologist Danielle Dozier was on live TV when an earthquake struck.

Her calm reaction was so impressive, it quickly went viral. Watch it unfold here:

boardsrbetter June 19 2014 at 1:52 PM

Great, a refreshing, funny article. Good change of pace......

........waits for idiots to make ill-informed political statements.........

aspman07 boardsrbetter June 19 2014 at 7:39 PM

Nice try at trying to get something started, but it didn't work.

Charlie boardsrbetter June 19 2014 at 9:04 PM

OK, Today the fair and balanced news service reported that one of the Lame Stream Liberal "news" reporters exposed himself on TV.

Cindy Charlie June 20 2014 at 12:28 AM

Figured the political jackasses would be out in full force, thanks for not disappointing us..NOT

Flag +1 rate up
EmanPhoto Charlie June 20 2014 at 12:55 AM

Oh shut up. Jeez.

Flag 0 rate up
lsheaffer June 19 2014 at 4:54 PM

Once when I was in the Army I went to a neighboring post about 10 miles away on business. While there, I decided to go to the Officers Club for lunch. As I stepped out of my car, the seam in the back of my pants let go and split right down the middle.

Luckily there was no one standing around, so I quickly ducked into the Club. I knew the secretary in the office, so I asked her if there was a sewing kit around but she said there wasn't. Then I spied a stapler on her desk, so I went into the men's room, took off my pants and stapled the seam together with a row of staples; that held long enough to get through lunch and back to my home post.

Ray June 19 2014 at 2:13 PM

His wardrobe malfunction will live on forever on TV blooper shows.

frankfv8 June 19 2014 at 1:46 PM

U can wear a $1,000.00 suit everyday but rip Your pants just 1 time and the only thing every 1 will remember is You showing Your ass.

justplayinkoi frankfv8 June 19 2014 at 9:14 PM

What the heck video were you watching? I say his underwear, they were light green. NOW it seems you're the one who needs glasses not me!

lovelaurie June 19 2014 at 1:46 PM

Regardless of splitting pants, his athletic split was fast and smooth! Impressive!

justplayinkoi lovelaurie June 19 2014 at 9:13 PM

So were his green shorts.

c.rendon13 June 19 2014 at 5:01 PM

This is hilarious!

jrp1947 June 20 2014 at 12:17 AM

we have all seen something like this in our lives but he was a great sport about it. And if anything he is probably more popular than he was before. there are too many stuffed shirts on television today so station should buy him a new pair of pants for his efforts and the ladies at the station are going to have a great reason for coming to work for a while.

jyban June 19 2014 at 1:24 PM

LOL!! Thanks Chris, you made my day. Good mooves though,,keep up the good work.

xcalboy June 19 2014 at 3:15 PM

That is why you should try something off camera before doing it on camera.

dbs7641937 June 19 2014 at 3:20 PM

He was probably trying to out class Michael Jordans add by showing off his "HAINES" undershorts.