Man pinched by scorpion in Walmart after grabbing a banana

Man Pinched By Scorpion In Walmart After Grabbing A Banana

A man shopping at Walmart -- looking to save a few pennies -- walked out with a few pinches from a scorpion.

What would you do if you encountered one of these?

An unnamed man was shopping for bananas at a Walmart in Pennsylvania when a scorpion that had survived a long journey in the box grabbed on to him.

Luckily the man wasn't seriously injured. However, Walmart did offer to pay any medical bills related to the scorpion pinch.

This isn't the first shopper to find a living creature on a bunch of bananas. Back in November, a family in Britain was forced to flee their home after finding a number of deadly Brazilian wandering spiders on a banana. No one was injured in that incident either.

Still, it may be safer to just stick with apples. The worst you ever find there is a worm.

Fruit is sadly not the only problem, though. Last week, an Arizona woman found a razor blade in her Burger King salad.

thescot June 20 2014 at 7:56 AM

The worst thing you can find in an apple isn't a worm, the worst thing is half a worm.

parksle2 June 20 2014 at 6:16 AM

How can you blame Wal Mart if I was a scorpion and found myself in Pennsylvania I would want to sting someone also.

hudzzon June 20 2014 at 6:35 AM

I had the unpleasant experience of finding a large, living spider in a box of bananas I was stocking at a Kroger store. I didn't know what to do with it, so I put the entire box in the freezer in the backroom. I figured that was the most humane thing to do!

Ashleigh June 20 2014 at 10:24 AM

Never grab a scorpions banana!

Joy June 20 2014 at 8:01 AM

A scorpion? Yikes. I've heard of this kind of thing happening before. I think most recently it was a black widow spider. I think I'll give my banana's a good shake before bringing them home.

brwnysbrb June 20 2014 at 9:04 AM

After reading all the comments on here, you are all idiots! This man could have been stung by the scorpion. Lucky to only be pinched.
This should tell the people in the USA, that our produce being shipped to stores, should be checked for spiders before they are shipped. Our food is not handled right.
Our slaughter houses are not clean. It's disgusting & tasteless anymore to buy produce and meat from anyplace in our country. Even then, everything is so costly.

eric June 20 2014 at 7:26 AM

LOL Offered to pay any medical bills? From a pinch? You could do more damage popping a pimple! How about a little something for having the feces scared out him.

primussux June 20 2014 at 10:24 AM

I was so hoping it was a monkey.

sweeteee53 primussux June 20 2014 at 11:15 AM

Me too..............

ANGELIA June 20 2014 at 7:18 AM

Living in Texas i had the misfortune of having one crawl into my pajama's it pinched me 3 times before i tore off the pj's and killed it over and over again!

redroad9 June 20 2014 at 8:49 AM

A couple of friends of mine worked at the A&P warehouse more than 40 years ago. They told me about finding snakes and spiders in bananas when they worked there. Nothing new at all.

John redroad9 June 20 2014 at 9:42 AM

I worked as a produce manager for A&P for 15 years. From the early 70's until the middle 80's. I've found spiders, scorpions, etc etc. My strangest find was a white postal envelope. It contained powder cocaine wrapped in plastic. About $500.00 worth back then. I turned it over to our local police department.

tom butler John June 20 2014 at 9:57 AM

thats about how much i would turn in to the po po,out of a kilo lmfao!

Flag +3 rate up
rwilliamhoward John June 20 2014 at 11:26 AM

Surprising that they didn't arrest you on the spot for possession! They don't really care how you got it, just so long as they can help the D.A. to a conviction!

Flag +1 rate up

Back to School Deal

1409271911528

A new item every day in August
Back to School deal