Man falls and face plants while on treadmill

WATCH: Man Falls And Face Plants While On Treadmill

Most gym-goers fear falling off the treadmill, but few are fortunate enough to have it happen -- and get caught on video.

This face plant took place back in 2012, when a reporter for Moon TV was interviewing a fitness trainer. The treadmill was left on in the background to demonstrate runner Usain Bolt's speed. That's when the man pictured stepped on the equipment -- and the rest is history.

Commenters on the YouTube video seemed skeptical, thinking it might have been staged. And the name of the man involved isn't known.

Fitness equipment company eFITology recommends that treadmill users always start off at a slow speed to get in a good warmup before really hitting their stride.

There is a chance that the man might not have realized the treadmill was on. Hopefully, his ego wasn't too bruised, because he's in the Hall of Fame among all the epic treadmill face plant videos found on the Internet.

Emilio Paletta June 20 2014 at 1:00 PM

On Monday, while practicing for a stress test , I had the pace set at 3, and then I decided to raise the incline to eight,. Instead of raising the incline in incriments, I raised to 8 in one fell swoop. After 4 min. I developed a feeling, I have never expirenced in my life, causing me to get light headed and pass out. Most likely due to the fact I elevated my blood pressue. The next thing I knew as I was lying on the still moving treadmill, was hear the voice s of some of my fellow members asking if I was alright.. It was a feeling I pray I shall never expirenc again. I bruised the side of my head, shoulder and elbow. Dumb at 84 1/2 and the oldest member at Elevations Health Club in Scotrun, Pa. I'VE BEEN WORKING OUT FOR 30 YEARS AND SHOULD KNOW BETTER. Ended-up in the hospital for observation. Still alive and kicking, thank God.

Megan hahaha!!!! June 20 2014 at 9:59 AM

The only good thing about this story is that, apparently not much bad news must be going on to find something so non news worthy from 2012 to put in.

metalkoter June 20 2014 at 9:00 AM

"....will play after the ad"....

20 to 30 secong BS ad before EVERY story. I just STOP the ad and scroll down to the description. Besides which, I don't consider a person losing his step and falling on his face at ALL "hilarious."

tbplayer44 June 20 2014 at 10:17 AM

Just wondering why AOL only uses anorexic females as video correspondents? Are they cheaper because they dont require feeding?

fred tbplayer44 June 20 2014 at 10:39 AM

Seriously, the announcers and anchor people AOL uses must be very cheap, Going on the axiom that "You Get What You Pay for"

Hello Bill June 20 2014 at 11:24 AM

Morning Funnies...LMAO;-)

AE7CW June 20 2014 at 1:17 PM

Now that is funny!

CHUCK June 20 2014 at 1:19 PM

I am still laughing. So funny.

Rob June 20 2014 at 1:23 PM

2012??? Wow, you all are on the ball.

bmitche June 20 2014 at 1:35 PM

I can imagine what getting on the treadmill and not knowing it is on would be like.

cindyde June 20 2014 at 2:49 PM

wow I couldn't stop replaying that