Facebook website returns to service after crash

Facebook

(Reuters) - Facebook Inc.'s FB.O website crashed briefly on Thursday, temporarily preventing computer and mobile phone users from reaching the site around the globe.

During the outage, Facebook users ranging from Australia to South Korea to India and Britain were greeted with a message saying "Sorry, something went wrong".

The cause of the outage was not immediately known. Its exact duration could not be confirmed but service was restored in less than an hour.

It prevented users from posting to the social networking site "for a brief period of time", a Facebook spokesman said.

"We resolved the issue quickly, and we are now back to 100 percent," he said. "We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused."

grudgrime June 19 2014 at 8:12 AM

Oh No.....People might have to do something productive for a change.

usapaydirt grudgrime June 19 2014 at 11:00 AM

Are you kidding ? They probably spent the whole time banging on the keys and cursing .. Mother F---er, Mother F---er......Mother F---er piece of Junk grrrrrrrrrr........

englemanlisa usapaydirt June 19 2014 at 2:00 PM

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it. That's exactly what I would have been saying. :)

Flag 0 rate up
Mike usapaydirt June 19 2014 at 2:52 PM

or however you say that in Korean

Flag 0 rate up
Frank June 19 2014 at 8:27 AM

Gossip delayed for an hour. Horrible, I tell you just horrible !

Carol Landolfo Frank June 19 2014 at 8:48 AM

LOL!!

smooothlegs Frank June 19 2014 at 1:14 PM

Laughing

Heather June 19 2014 at 9:18 AM

It prevented me from looking at cat pictures and memes for a few minutes........tragic I say!!!
What has this world come to????

savannahswithgod Heather June 19 2014 at 10:13 AM

Gee just drop in here Heather you can see the Herd in action! Now let's add the Lord to the Katts. Was talking to him in my bed as you would talk to the Lord, you know give some cats here a decent life and the next thing you know my pillow meowed a few times. No cats in the room now and those that I had do not make that meow sound, not at that time. So then on the porch and I said 'God bless the kitties' but it is the Lord. So I questioned if okay to say that and a dream, a dinner plate, a letter Y in the center with a kitten on each side of that. Someone in the dream asked what the letter Y was for and I said God. So it is okay to say 'God bless the kitties too, what Lord would care what you said even if it is 'I do not believe'! The Lord was here in 2005, 'call me Lord'. I do, then God, I do believe. All are reincarnated, I think that goes for kitties too.

tlfinch50 June 19 2014 at 11:57 AM

Wish it would crash forever and never come back

Judith tlfinch50 June 19 2014 at 1:33 PM

Absolutely! Back in December 2013 Huffpost published an article as to why we should drop FB in 2014 but that was after Huff demanded that we have a FB account in order to be able to comment on Huff articles - hypocrisy #1. Then came hypocrisy #2 - Now Huff comments are published in FB as Facebook Conversations! Sorry, but the only comments I make on Huff now are first comments where I still have a choice as to whether to post to FB (I do not check the box so my comment isn't posted to FB - I've checked), but I will not reply becase there is no choice on replies.

englemanlisa tlfinch50 June 19 2014 at 2:03 PM

Tell me about it.

auctionsurplus June 19 2014 at 8:36 AM

Rises to the level of gloabla meltdown. OMG WHO CARES?!

savannahswithgod auctionsurplus June 19 2014 at 10:14 AM

Geez you want the whole country to go bust, Facebook got a nice hand into Piggy Bank USA! I'm not with it but my brother and sis are!

smooothlegs auctionsurplus June 19 2014 at 1:14 PM

say again Ha ha ha ha Who cares ha ha

Judith smooothlegs June 19 2014 at 3:01 PM

The hypocritical Huffington Post cares since posters' comments are now linked directly to Face Book, so if FB shuts down so goes Huff! I LOVE it!

Flag 0 rate up
Ashleigh June 19 2014 at 12:49 PM

I didn't notice.

Carol Ashleigh June 19 2014 at 2:27 PM

Ashleigh - Nor did I. I tried it a few years ago. It finds it's way into everything you do online ... creepy. Plus it's a huge time suck. Too much real living to do, to spend hours a day on BRAGbook...

abudotcom June 19 2014 at 10:06 AM

how many jumped of buildings thinking this was "the End"

T Rock abudotcom June 19 2014 at 12:51 PM

Not nearly enough

englemanlisa T Rock June 19 2014 at 2:04 PM

Amen!!!!

Flag +1 rate up
kenandshannon June 19 2014 at 11:51 AM

Sure wish it didn't crashed but completely blew-up!

Carol Shafer June 19 2014 at 8:39 AM

sounds like maybe it was a sunspot or a hacker...I don't know about anyone else but I read up on Politicsl news and Biblical references and also on social media news..."gossip" by definition, is someone telling a falsehood about another person,,,I haven't got time for that immature stuff

savannahswithgod Carol Shafer June 19 2014 at 10:20 AM

Geez about all you need to read in politics is that the 2 you are voting for come from the Rich side of the Street. Now if you live on that side of the street Politics is Great. Far as a book from the Creator, that is in the Clouds as no-one has seen in it!

smooothlegs June 19 2014 at 1:12 PM