Celebs get swept up in World Cup madness

The World Cup kicked off last Thursday with a lot of excitement, but recent matches have caused social media to reach new heights of soccer fanaticism. Whether it's to applaud the U.S. team on its upset against Ghana, to weigh in on the Mexico-Brazil draw or to simply cheer for their home country, Twitter and Instagram users have taken over the Internet with hashtags and zeal.

And not all of these social media butterflies are sports stars. Celebrities across all media are proudly supporting their favorite teams and players. Above, click through a slideshow of some of the best soccer posts from your favorite celebrities.

mamesq7589 June 18 2014 at 10:36 AM

you have to admit that lopez slut will do anything to stay in the limelight.

poker25005 June 18 2014 at 2:14 PM

Soccer is one of the most boring sports in the world and I don't understand why the World Cup is even played. It is about as useless as the Olympics. Also if the USA were smart they would not even field a time which would eliminate the fact that is being played here in the USA by professional teams. It is ok as a sport for kids or colleges but otherwise we should not promote the game here in the USA.

madcap.1 June 18 2014 at 11:29 AM

no matter how hard she keeps trying to be young , she still looks old

Terry June 18 2014 at 1:52 PM

this is such a poor representation of America, a slut dancer, a muslim president and and abunch ofold scanks pretending like they even know what soccer is .

poker25005 Terry June 18 2014 at 2:09 PM

Could an idiot like you represent us any better? I highly doubt it. If your so unhappy why don't you move elsewhere.

ectullis poker25005 June 18 2014 at 4:31 PM

Speaking of representatives look what we have in the "White House"

Flag +3 rate up
investigatorkch poker25005 June 18 2014 at 8:17 PM

a lot better than some arse clown like you

Flag +1 rate up
James Vergara June 18 2014 at 3:06 PM

World Cup? Soccer? Wait...I have some boxes I need to rearrange in my garage.

Bev June 18 2014 at 1:53 PM

I am glad that she isn't my mother. It's time for her to grow up, act like a lady, and dress properly.

milana4 Bev June 18 2014 at 6:23 PM

she is an intertainer- how would u like her to dress? it isn't like she wears those outfits out on the street. or when she takes her kids to school--lol she can't very well, wear a dress to do her dancing, right? yes, lets see a white blouse and a long skirt, maybe?? hummmmmmmmmmmmm

God Bless You Bev June 18 2014 at 11:51 PM

Bev, I wish she would had been my mother. I wouldn't be wasting my time answering your idiotic comment, instead I would be traveling around the world...showing off my multi-millionaire mommy !

buckeye3118 June 18 2014 at 1:39 PM

Appropriate that PopStar MESSiah would be following a third-world sport, since he is rapidly becoming a third-world style dictator.

lgvxl42 buckeye3118 June 18 2014 at 3:31 PM

Third world sport?....That's moronic, being as its played in every country in the world. I do agree with the 3rd world dictator, though.................

Nelson buckeye3118 June 23 2014 at 10:25 AM

3rd world Switzerland, Germany, Norway, England, Australia, Canada, etc. ha! Soccer has quite a big following in the US, bigger than what you think, just so you'll know. 16 million watched the US -Ghana game and I'm sure more than that watched US-Portugal. That's more viewers than the NBA finals.

lightyrs1 June 18 2014 at 4:28 PM

Why would Obama back the USA?

allstarcaps June 18 2014 at 4:01 PM

OMG....That cover photo of J in the green body suit looks like she's about to crap on the stage!!

pjsowe June 18 2014 at 3:02 PM