Russia draws 1-1 with South Korea in World Cup

By Steve Douglas

CUIABA, Brazil (AP) - Alexander Kerzhakov scored with one of his first touches after coming on as a substitute to earn Russia a 1-1 draw with South Korea on Tuesday in a World Cup match marked by the first big goalkeeping error of the tournament.

Russia goalkeeper Igor Akinfeev spilled Lee Keun-ho's speculative shot into his own net to gift South Korea a 68th-minute lead at the Arena Pantanal in Cuiaba in Group H.

But Kerzhakov bailed his teammate out, turning in a shot from close range in the 74th - three minutes after coming on as a substitute - to rescue a point for Russia in a poor-quality match.

tuntavernusa June 17 2014 at 11:16 PM

Many soccer fans have made some interesting comments. Please allow me 90 minutes to consider the pros and cons of the different comments. After the 90 minutes I may come to a conclusion or I may not. Wouldn't that be interesting?

kevin June 18 2014 at 7:06 AM

One point I want to make, it is a true world championship.Baseball,football,basketball and hockey call the winners world champs and they don't leave the continent This is truly a World Champion at the conclusion of the "World Cup"

mygailbaby kevin June 18 2014 at 9:23 AM

Thank you.

ibeyour1 kevin June 18 2014 at 11:19 AM

They may not leave the continent, they just bring bring the continent to the US. After all, how many players here are Americans? Not many.

George June 17 2014 at 9:47 PM

BOOOOOOORING!!!!!

fifa_sucks June 17 2014 at 8:49 PM

ANOTHER DRAW
WOW WHAT A SO CALLED SPORT

nagy22 June 17 2014 at 8:58 PM

Big populated countries like USA and Russia can not get 23 good players? Mind boggling
Soccer is mental and physical work. No baseball

etsloo June 18 2014 at 12:00 AM

Base ball games are for kids. Sometimes for big beer belly chubby overweight man.

packplayer etsloo June 18 2014 at 9:58 AM

I am a soccer fan, American, I played soccer all through school in the 60's and 70"s before it was popular here in America. I agree its a great sport, However your comments about baseball show your ignorance. Just like old fat guys play baseball, there are a lot of old fat guys playing amateur soccer. I am 63 now still play baseball at the amatuer level and still can occasionally smoke a fastball at 70 miles an hour. Think basball is a sissy game? Lets meet, we will go to a baseball diamond, You can dig in at the plate with a bat, and I will throw fastballs at you so you can hit them. Mind you my control isnt very good and i am likley to hit you in the head. See how that feells with a helmet on. Then you can play 2nd base. I will run as hard as I can with steel spikes on and slide into second base spikes high to take out your legs as you try to tag me. Get the idea? Is baseball a slow game to watch? Sure. But don't criticize baseball until you have walked a mile in its shoes.

ibeyour1 packplayer June 18 2014 at 11:24 AM

The reason baseball can be a slow game is because the dam pitchers have gotten so good. Go watch 8-12 year olds and it will be the most entertaining of sports you've seen in years! Only thing slow will be the kid in right field building dirt piles with his foot.

Flag +1 rate up
fifa_sucks June 17 2014 at 9:47 PM

If soccer was the best sport, they would play it every
Year. Not every four years

Rich June 18 2014 at 12:30 AM

Oh well Igor. Maybe you could start another career as assistant to a mad scientist.

tuntavernusa June 17 2014 at 10:03 PM

The fact that the fans of this sports are pleased to have a tie after 90+ minutes tells me they are out of touch with their inner American. As an aside, how can you be a citizen of a country called ur-a-gay?

psallidas June 17 2014 at 10:46 PM

TO FIFA SUCKS . CAN YOU EAT CHEESE BURGER EVERY DAY NO .FOR SURE .SOO WORLD CUP EVERY YEAR WILL INPOSSIBLE. THEY HAVE EURO CUP EVERY YEAR AND IN THE SOUTH AMERICA THEY HAVE A CUP EVERY YEAR THATS WHY I HOPE THATS GIVE YOU A GOOD EXPLANATION. HAVE A GOOD ONE

Odens Fist psallidas June 18 2014 at 12:51 AM

FIFA does suck..
.I..

wd4u2 Odens Fist June 18 2014 at 1:41 AM

YOU BETTER HOPE THEY CHANGE OUT THE 2022 LOCATION FROM QATAR TO A COOLER CLIMATE CITY AND COUNTRY!!! THE WORLD CUP IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED IN JUNE/JULY AND NOT IN OCTOBER, LIKE THEY ARE THINKING OF MOVING TO THAT YEAR (2022). QATAR IS RUMORED TO HAVE BRIBED FIFA OFFICIALS TO GET THEM TO GIVE IT TO THEM FOR 2022.

Flag 0 rate up