9. Herman Munster. The most gentle of Frankensteins. Played by the incredible Fred Gwynne, Herman oversees a very strange crew of horrific misfits in The Munsters.
- Horrormania: The Munsters- Herman The Great.
Horrormania: The Munsters- Herman The Great. from The Piledriving Critique. Like this? Watch the latest episode of The Piledriving Critique on Blip! http://blip.tv/piledrivingcritique/watch Herman Munster becomes a professional wrestler. See all episodes of The Piledriving Critique http://blip.tv/piledrivingcritique#EpisodeArchive Visit The Piledriving Critique's series page http://blip.tv/piledrivingcritique
8. Bill Davis. Who could forget the most saccharine sitcom of all time, Family Affair? Brian Keith—not a particularly funny actor—is a bachelor stuck with his brother’s three kids, twins Buffy and Jody and Cissy. He also has an indomitable manservant, Mr. French (played by Sebastian Cabot), to pitch in. Imagine the fun!
- Family Affair - Fishing
Uncle Bill and Jody are fishing together. Uncle Bill learns a lesson about honesty.
7. Fred Sanford. Redd Foxx gets his due as the irascible father of Lamont, overseeing a junk-collecting enterprise, Sanford and Son. Fred frets having “the big one” (a heart attack) but is consoled by thoughts of his true love, the “Horne” (Lena Horne).
- Sanford & Son S5E17 Fred Sanford Has a Baby
Sanford & Son S5E17 Fred Sanford Has a Baby Subscribe For More
6. Andy Taylor. Never was a police sheriff more patient and understanding. Andy Griffith is the benevolent protector of the sleepy town of Mayberry, wrangling the likes of Deputy Barney Fife, Otis the Drunk and Aunt Bee. But he’s never too busy to take his boy, Opie, to the fishing hole, for some wholesome, down-home fun.
- The Andy Griffith Show S2 E29 Andy On Trial
5. Danny Williams. Danny Thomas plays Danny Williams on Make Room for Daddy, which ran under different names from 1953 to 1964. Danny is a nightclub entertainer (a recurring TV characterization, like Ricky Ricardo on I Love Lucy) who just doesn’t have the time to be a dad.
- Make Room For Daddy season 6 episode 7 'Jack Benny Takes Dannys Job' (video)
Make Room For Daddy season 6 episode 7 'Jack Benny Takes Dannys Job' Check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/OldTimeRadiooutlaw radio show. '' from LIKE,COMMENT, AND SHARE Subscribe to our channel
4. Steve Douglas. On My Three Sons, Fred MacMurray is the low-key dad to Mike, Robbie and Chip (and later on, Ernie). Once again, since no man could possibly raise children on his own, he’s assisted first by I Love Lucy alum William Frawley as Bub, and then tough guy William Demarest as Charley.
- My Three Sons: Season 10, Episode 16 Dodie's Tonsils
Steve takes Dodie to the hospital to have her tonsils removed; Robbie and Katie go on vacation to Mexico and leave the triplets with Uncle Charlie and the boys, but they soon notice that the triplets "look weird". First Air Date: January 24, 1970
3. Archie Bunker. Talk about role models. Carroll O’Connor is the bigot for all time, spending his life in his easy chair and lambasting his family for their liberal, mealy-mouthed attitudes on politics, sex and humanity. But he’s so good at being bad, you can’t hate him for long.
- All in the Family s01e10 Archie is Worried About His Job
All in the Family. Season 1 Episode 10 "Archie is Worried About His Job" http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-2559/episodes/5589 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_in_the_Family Perhe on pahin. Tuotantokausi 1 Jakso 10 http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perhe_on_pahin
2. Dr. Alex Stone. Better known for his role as a defense attorney on Judd for the Defense, Alex Betz plays a buttoned-up physician married to a very empowered Donna Reed, one of TV’s first (sort of) liberated women. Like every other family-based sitcom, he’s continually inserted into absurd situations with very random family members. And like every other husband and wife of the day, they sleep in separate beds.
- The Donna Reed Show: Someone is Watching S3E14
Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Dec 22, 1960 on ABC ~~~ eff wants a motor scooter like Gordie just got, but Alex won't agree to that. Gordie shows off his riding skill until he drives the scooter into a tree in the Stones front yard. Gordie proceeds to fake a leg injury that puts him in Jeff's bed overnight, with Donna taking care of him. Why would Gordie do that? Does it have anything to do with his new stepmother or his dad giving him anything he wants? Does Donna have an idea about how to help Gordie's mom with this problem? You bet she does!
1. Jim Anderson. Saving the best for last, Robert Young is the father we all wished we had. The good feelings on Father Knows Best start with the opening credits (“Here are Robert Young, Jane Wyatt…”) and never quit. He rarely loses his temper, despite the antics of his kids, Princess, Kitten and Bud.
- Father Knows Best - Grandpa Jim
I Do Not Own Father Knows Best
By Serge Stevens
Today Do You Remember celebrates the Big Guy, the Main Man, Papa Smurf -- the fella who played at least a passing role in bringing you into the world. There have been more TV dads than we could ever list. Some are too obvious: Cliff Huxtable, Ward Cleaver, Mike Brady, Howard Cunningham and Homer Simpson immediately come to mind. But let's not forget these other guys (at least for one day in a year).