'True Life': Woman Suffers From Phobia Of Pigeons

'True Life': Woman Suffers From Phobia Of Pigeons

On "True Life: I Have A Strange Phobia," we met Andrea who was practically paralyzed by her fear of birds.

After a childhood trauma, Andrea was so scared of pigeons that she could barely take care of everyday tasks, like grocery shopping, or getting out of her car. The phobia was getting progressively worse, and she was scared she eventually wouldn't be able to leave her house anymore. So Andrea's friends took her to the zoo to try and help her face her fears.

ANDREA: "I don't want to look at it because I don't want to draw attention to myself, and I think he's looking at me.
SHOWS PIGEON
ANDREA: "Hey..."
PIGEON FLYS BY.. SHES SCARED
FRIEND: Andrea, calm down.
FRIEND: "Don't look that way.
ANDREA: "Oh my god. I can't, I can't, I can't..."

Clearly, the trip to the zoo didn't go well. And it just got worse from there. Later, Andrea was supposed to go to work for a promotions company, but again, pigeons paralyzed her from being able to work. So, Andrea decided to get try therapy for her pigeon fear, and Wala! It worked. Supposedly, Andrea was suddenly cured of her pigeon fear.

Either way, fans on Twitter were finding the whole thing pretty entertaining, some feeling bad for Andrea, but most thinking this whole thing was likely staged. We are talking about reality television after all.

And Fans on Facebook agreed, poking fun at the whole thing, saying there's no way Andrea would just be cured of her phobia after one session of therapy.

swameesalami June 12 2014 at 10:36 AM

its " voila " not " wala " you moron. doesnt anyone proof read this stuff?

montanalonewolf June 12 2014 at 9:03 AM

"Wala"?? Where do these idiots learn to spell?

But a pigeon fear? Pigeons (squab) are edible and actually taste pretty good. Just roast up a few, chow down and she'll get over it.

robcabob1 June 12 2014 at 10:16 AM

Known in the adult world as a "crybaby"

Kate robcabob1 June 12 2014 at 12:59 PM

Not really. People can have phobias about all kinds of things, and considering that the phrase 'flying rats' is extremely common and she may have grown up with it, she really could have this fear.

kristnoplis Kate June 12 2014 at 4:26 PM

Then she needs to grow up. Life doesn't end because you're scared of something.

Flag +7 rate up
Susan robcabob1 June 12 2014 at 5:42 PM

Is that the clinical term for HER problem, or YOURS? I vote the latter.

gwtf2005 June 12 2014 at 11:56 AM

Please don't tell me this lady is receiving social security disability because she has a fear of pigeons that stops her from going to work.
P.S. I have seizures that stops me from driving to get to work and where i live there is NO transportation nearby...I would have to walk 6.8 miles just to get to a bus which by the way there is NO SIDEWALKS
My Fear Is Passing out and being hit by a car/truck any type of vehicle.
But according to social security they told me theres nothing wrong.!!!!

cgssnavickas June 12 2014 at 10:02 AM

How can one therapy session cure her? Oh, I forgot...This is "reality" tv.

sylvabugg2 cgssnavickas June 12 2014 at 11:35 AM

Yeah, well, that's a misnomer. There's nothing actually real about reality TV.

cgssnavickas sylvabugg2 June 12 2014 at 1:22 PM

Why do you think I put the word reality in quotes?

Flag +2 rate up
candodan cgssnavickas June 12 2014 at 11:03 PM

I do it as a hypnotherapist all of the time for many things. Get a clue.

stnycrk101 June 12 2014 at 11:48 AM

Re: " reality" TV shows. Yup, they're all by themselves out in the wilderness, except for the TV crew, assistants, catering truck, sound men, makeup ladies, & any other personnel who are needed to film these shows.

romanstargazer62 stnycrk101 June 12 2014 at 2:16 PM

I could live in the forest just leave me all the things I need and leave me alone no poeple Ill hun anfd fish for food And get supplies once a month. I don't want people to know where I am too much noise and confusion in the city to many people to fight through never a moments peace. Give me a few 100 acreas in the wilderness and a small cabin with a wood stove y'all can have your cities.

romanstargazer62 romanstargazer62 June 12 2014 at 2:19 PM

In the wilderness a pigeon is food. shoot afew of them you wont be scared and you won't go hungry either

Flag +2 rate up
HEY BOB June 12 2014 at 10:56 AM

oh man gimme a freekin break, whydontcha...im afraid of pigeon chit

autounionbailout June 12 2014 at 11:17 PM

I HAVE A PHOBIA THAT IS VERY RARE...I AM AFRAID OF "NOT" GOING TO WORK...

tom butler autounionbailout June 13 2014 at 1:13 AM

smoke a blunt,that will cure you.lol

Fred June 12 2014 at 2:58 PM

Headline says: "...almost unable to go to work..." Who writes this stuff? (5 letter word (stuff) substituted for a four letter word). In case you are wondering, she was "almost" swallowed by an alligator, she was "almost" run over by a bullet train going 175 mph and she was "almost" elected as Republican Speaker of the House. Geeez!

moooooooooochelle June 12 2014 at 11:20 PM

I AM SURE A SMALL AMOUNT OF OBAMACARE WILL FIX HER RIGHT UP.....

gramargo moooooooooochelle June 13 2014 at 2:16 AM

I flagged you because you're one of the idiots that has to bring ACA into every thread for a totally unknown reason.
But then I thought that you might just have it right, since she's probably not having any medical care otherwise.