3 ways to look cool and classic this summer
- "There's something about classic Americana style that always reminds me of summer." - Amanda, Advice From a Twenty Something
- "Denim cut-offs, simple stripes, and classic red, white, and blue are perfect trends for an all-American summer." - Amanda, Advice From a Twenty Something
- "This summer, we're loving the iconic and always stylish fit-and-flare dress." - Molly, A Piece of Toast
"The fit-and-flare is an easy, go-to style that will hopefully help us stay cool and look great." - Molly, A Piece of Toast
- "The shape is just so universally flattering on practically every figure." - Krystal, A Pinch of Lovely
- "By cinching the midsection and flaring out at the hips, you're highlighting your thinnest point." - Krystal, A Pinch of Lovely
- "The warm sunny days of summer are almost here. It’s time to bring out your seasonal classics and switch to summer fashion mode!" - Vanessa, Stylishlyme
- "An outfit combo that I always have handy, whether it be a casual day at a farmers market or enjoying a fruity drink in a Cali beach town, is shorts and a tee shirt. This easy breezy outfit combination is as effortless as it is all-American." - Vanessa, Stylishlyme
- "The great thing about maxi dresses is you don't have to do much. They're a statement piece all their own." - Grasie, Style Me Grasie
- "Here, I layered it with a vintage denim jacket, because it's always good to have an extra layer handy in LA." - Grasie, Style Me Grasie
- "As we head into the summer months, I tend to gravitate towards classic American style: crisp whites, breezy fabrics, and patriotic colors." - Cortney, Cort in Session
- "There are some silhouettes that never go out of style: fit and flare, shorts and tees, and my favorite, the maxi." - Cortney, -Cort in Session
"In summer months I'm all about some white tees (I have about 8) that I can dress up or down or in between." - Chassity, Look Linger Love
This summer, our contributors are especially loving fit-and-flare skirts, maxi dresses, and easy shorts and tees combos. You won't catch them in anything too fussy -- just simple styles that look and feel great. Red, white and blue are optional, but always welcome. Click through the gallery above to see their takes on a classic American summer aesthetic.
Compensation for this post was provided by Macy's via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Macy's or AOL.