Military dad meets his twin babies for first time ever

Military Dad Meets His Twins For The First Time

A military dad met his infant twins for the first time just days before Father's Day.

Phillip and Danielle Lovato are high school sweethearts, but over the course of their six year marriage, they haven't seen as much of each other as either would like. In that time, Phillip has been deployed once to Iraq and twice to Afghanistan, and the couple has had two sets of twins.

Phillip was sent to Afghanistan exactly one week before Danielle gave birth last September, so he has never met his son Luke and daughter Ariana. So in anticipation of Father's Day, the Today Show organized a very special reunion.

Phillip Lovato isn't the only soldier returning home to meet his child for the first time.

In March, US Army Specialist Cole Tessar arrived home from Afghanistan to find his seven month old daughter, Harper, with a sign reading, "Hey, I just met you and this is crazy, but my name's Harper and I'm your baby!"

That story, just like Phillip's, has touched the hearts of many people online. it's sure to get anyone in the spirit of Father's Day.

sutherlandmum June 12 2014 at 10:18 AM

wow that,is a great,home coming gift,to meat his children,for his first time.welcomed,home,and thank you,for serveing your country.and whish you and your lovely family,all the best,for the comming furture.enjoy your family,good luck for the furture.

fullsrvlaw June 12 2014 at 10:56 AM

Two sets of twins - quit while you are ahead.

JC June 12 2014 at 1:20 PM

Best of everything to the Lovatos and their great looking kids. Thanks for your service!

Sarah June 12 2014 at 1:05 PM

When my husband left for Vietnam, it was apparenly the trigger my body had been waiting for to begin labor with our first child. He called me just before boarding the plane and my water broke while we were on the phone, so he left knowng I was in labor. She was born the day after he left. Communication wasn't so convenient back then, and it took the Red Cross almost a week to notify him of her delivery.

In anticipation of his homecoming and meeting her for the first time, she and I dressed in our finest and went to the airport. As he came off the plane and headed towards us, an anti-war protestor stepped between us and began making vile comments about my husband's service. Not quite the happy experience we see in videos of today's returning soliders! Thank God there is an appreciation for a soldier's service today...there sure was none back then!

shodanrobinsong Sarah June 12 2014 at 7:39 PM

Thank you.

NoShark June 12 2014 at 2:20 PM

gosh...guessed i missed the priceless part...another purposefully misleading headline. The regular crap journalism of huffinpuffin

shodanrobinsong NoShark June 12 2014 at 7:37 PM

NO no I doubt you have ever wore a uniform, been in a comat theater. Inmy time we were spit on and called all kinds of foul names. Enjoy your freedom a- hole.. I bled for it.

Madeleine June 12 2014 at 2:15 PM

Two sets of twins....this soldier is so lucky!! Congratulations!

mcetchason June 12 2014 at 1:05 PM

HO hum!!!!!!!!! BORING! USGI

shodanrobinsong mcetchason June 12 2014 at 7:40 PM

Go to sleep we wont miss you

cvanac8550 June 12 2014 at 12:26 PM

Great ..he got out just in time ..Lets hope we get everyone out before this thing escalates

Ed. June 12 2014 at 11:45 AM

I think that this so wonedrful and the war or wars should end permantely.

cuttdeville June 12 2014 at 10:54 AM

So glad Phil is home safe and way happy for him to finally get to meet those new twins! Hope to see you back in Albuquerque soon bro!

Back to School Deal

A new item every day in August
Back to School deal