FX: Tracy Morgan's show waiting for him once he's well

NEW YORK (AP) - FX Networks says that Tracy Morgan's new series is waiting for him once he's well, but that his recovery is all that matters now.

Tuesday's statement updates the status of the TV project planned for the comic who was critically injured in a highway crash Saturday in New Jersey.

Morgan's recovery is expected to take weeks. The company says that whenever he decides he is ready to work, "his show will be waiting for him."

His half-hour comedy was scheduled to start filming in August for a January premiere on the FXX network.

Morgan suffered a broken femur, a broken nose and several broken ribs when a tractor-trailer rig smashed into his chauffeured limo bus. One passenger was killed. Three others were injured.

richagrig June 10 2014 at 4:51 PM

Where is Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson screaming about something. Oh yeah it wasn't a white, Hespan, Cuban, Russian, driver....

hlpmiplz June 10 2014 at 4:37 PM

why is the truck driver being charged with murder? I didn't read he was under the influence of anything. Does New Jersery have laws that other states don't for accidents?

Jennifer June 10 2014 at 7:08 PM

Haven't heard much of anything about the truck driver other than he fell asleep at the wheel after being awake for 24 hours. Sounds to me like he's probably just a hard working guy trying to complete his run and made a really bad decision to stay awake too long. Tragic for all concerned.

Phyllis Frost June 10 2014 at 6:14 PM

A broken nose a broken leg an two broken ribs and he is listed as critical?

EMBO June 10 2014 at 4:00 PM

thank you so much for all you have done so good in the world uncle jimmy mack. god bless .

callandrew June 10 2014 at 5:38 PM

I sincerely hope he recovers, but he's the unfunniest comic on the planet.

Amiee/Patrick June 10 2014 at 4:42 PM

Ok see that look on the drivers face? Ever seen that look before, in your private life, your employment, in public, etc? Its that no remorse, no conscience, "what did I do?" look of a person who has abosolutely no concern for another person. I've seen this look thousands of times over the years, usually Blacks that just don't care.

Jenny June 10 2014 at 8:15 PM

hope he get better

lindasdream57 June 10 2014 at 6:20 PM

if ya get your facts straight, the reason the tractor-trailer guy is under arrest is, he hadnt any sleep within 24 hrs, so he was slow to respond.

Ductfab1 lindasdream57 June 10 2014 at 11:04 PM

i heard that it was the loose nut behind the wheel

vinny lindasdream57 June 11 2014 at 12:30 AM

get your facts together, the reason he was arrested is cause one of the people traveling with Morgan died. i,m a truck driver and we cn only drive for 11 hours so i don't understand why you keep talking about he hadn't slept for 24 hours, that really does not make any sense at all.and by the way Walmart like many other trucking companies has electronic logs.

lili vinny June 11 2014 at 2:44 AM

I too heard on the news that he had not had sleep in 24 hours. However I did not hear that he was driving for 24 hours. I think there is a big distinction

Flag +1 rate up
Promised June 10 2014 at 11:18 PM

This is so sad. It's a shame when people make everything about the color of one's skin. I'm glad I come from a diverse family so I can embrace everyone. It's a sad story all around. I've never been a truck driver but I've heard about their long hours and strict timelines. The man was probably trying to finish his run, fell asleep and in that poor decision making (driving over 24 hours); kills one person and leaves others in the hospital. His mug shot is probably not that he doesn't care...this isn't a cold blooded criminal, he's just a truck driver who made a bad choice. It's so sad someone died from this; and all who are injured. And I'm sure it impacts this man even more that two of them were so well known because the world is looking at him. This just goes to show how one poor choice can impact so many lives. Praying for all who are involved.