Sandra Bullock's home burglarized, suspected thief arrested

Man Tries To Break Into Sandra Bullock's House

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Police say they arrested a burglar at the Los Angeles home of Sandra Bullock while the actress was there, but she wasn't harmed.

Los Angeles police spokeswoman Nuria Vanegas says officers responded to the call of a prowler around 6:30 a.m. Sunday and arrested 39-year-old Joshua Corbett on suspicion of residential burglary.

A phone message left for Bullock's publicist Cheryl Maisel (mye-ZELL') wasn't immediately returned. But she acknowledged the burglary for People magazine and said Bullock is "unharmed and fine."

It wasn't clear whether Corbett has hired an attorney, and a phone message left at a possible family home wasn't immediately returned.

The 49-year-old actress is best known for her roles in "Speed," ''Gravity," and "The Blind Side," for which she won an Academy Award.

Gaylon Smith June 09 2014 at 10:58 AM

Bullock strikes me as someone who would have and know how to use home protection.
Your home is a line in the sand which no one should cross unless invited. People...there is nothing wrong with protecting you and yours with deadly force...never put yourself in a position to say, if I only had??

STAN Gaylon Smith June 09 2014 at 12:47 PM

This only applies if you are not a gun hating liberal who believes the criminal's have more rights than you do.
Granted there are lib's who possess firearms however do not deserve this right because of their hypocracy of supporting leftist politician's hell bent on destroying your right to keep and bear arm's.

STAN June 09 2014 at 12:48 PM

Had this happened in our home there would have been a coroner visiting along with the cop's, these douche bag criminal's deserve nothing less than lead poisoning.

alohafidlr STAN June 09 2014 at 5:57 PM

The police responded, arrested the alleged burglar, and no one was harmed. That, it seems to me, is an appropriate result. I wonder why, however, you use apostrophes when a simple "s" is enough to pluralize "cops" and "criminals."

cafebeege alohafidlr June 09 2014 at 6:25 PM

The "alleged burglar" was probably still outside of the house. It used the word "prowler". IF that person had started to attempt to break into the home, or was coming through the window, door, etc. Sandra might not have had the opportunity to even CALL 911. So "an appropriate result" to that scenario would have justifiably been a gun shot. You don't wait to ask someone like that what their intentions were/are. "Oh, you only want to "just" steal somethings and not physically harm me? Oh, OK. Try and help yourself, while I call the police ......"

Flag +2 rate up
cafebeege alohafidlr June 09 2014 at 6:54 PM

I just went back and rewatched the news video. The headline said he was in the house with Sandra in there too. That probably means that she was upstairs, or in another room, and heard him and then called ASAP. If it was I, I'd have the door locked so it would take longer for them to stop me from calling, and I'd have a gun in one hand, or next to me, and the phone in the other. Sorry all of you anti gun people, I've learned the hard way. I've been the victim of home invasions when I was away AND when I was home. And alarm systems only tell you and the police that someone tried to get in. As the police told me, it only take about 3 minutes for someone to get into your home, kill or abduct you. The police can't get there that fast.

Flag +2 rate up
knarfdr June 09 2014 at 2:32 PM

Yep, Sandra should have at least one high caliber hand gun to protect herself and her child against the likes of anyone who would enter her home illegally. A gun in the hand is worth much more than a cop on the phone.

Carol knarfdr June 09 2014 at 11:50 PM

and a nice big pair of guard dogs of choice

patsbest1 knarfdr June 10 2014 at 2:47 AM

who cares shes no better then the rest of us she didni even adopt her own kind just another jerk in hollywood

wildcatsranger June 09 2014 at 11:59 AM

Glad she wasn't harmed in the process, but perhaps she might want to invest in a better security system.

rwitchwoman63 June 09 2014 at 10:06 AM

At least they caught him!

slackwarerobert rwitchwoman63 June 09 2014 at 12:42 PM

Unlike when hollywood actors are caught steeling from businesses.

Olguita June 09 2014 at 11:04 AM

49 years old, seriously??????????? I cannot believe she is going to be in her fifties soon, she is amazing. Oh yeah glad she didn't get hurt.

bikerace514 Olguita June 09 2014 at 11:25 AM

Which came fiest, The chicken or the egg.?

patsbest1 Olguita June 10 2014 at 2:50 AM

big deal take all that makeup and botox off she and the rest of hollywood sucks they go from one guy to another

marthaweissbach June 09 2014 at 10:47 AM

Thank God she's ok. It could of been worse.

beastofburden June 09 2014 at 11:25 AM

get yourself a bull mastiff or other guard dog of your choice. that usually deters creeps from bothering you.

Sukeycat June 09 2014 at 1:15 PM

If she needs a body guard,I would be honered to guard her body..Hmmmm!

lichwala June 09 2014 at 1:19 PM

I like her..... She seems to have crappy things happen to her.... Sometimes the nice people get pooped on the most.....