11 pieces you can wear from the beach straight to happy hour
The best part about Summer dressing is that it's simple - or at least, it should be. Having to layer up or overhaul your look after a day at the beach is just something we're not interested in, period. So, to prevent those predinner pit stops, we've hit the virtual racks to find the Summer pieces that pull double duty. By day, they're your trusted cover-ups; but by night, they're the chic dresses and tops you can wear right to happy hour and beyond.
- There's really no doubt that this Zara caftan ($60) would look amazing on the beach or at the bar — no accoutrements required.
- Throw this Splendid maxi ($158) in your bag to cover up your bandeau swimsuit, and add wedges to head straight out with the girls.
- J.Crew's embroidered tunic ($118) will be the ideal cover-up by day; but by night, it makes the perfect topper for skinny white jeans and chic Summer sandals.
- The perfect accompaniment for a Summer beach day or Summer happy hour? This nautical-striped Aritzia Wilfred Free Naomi dress ($45, originally $65).
- Throw this H&M patterned tunic ($25) over your bikini by day, or add white jeans by night.
- Is there a more stylish way to make the switch from sand to city than with this Free People strappy maxi ($148)? Just add your favorite strappy sandals and jewels to elevate the look.
- Our ideal vacation look just might be throwing this BCBG Max Azria embroidered romper ($248) over a bikini and adding heels to take it to dinner.
- You'll never have to worry if you're appropriately dressed for dinner or drinks when you have this Dolce Fillipa dress ($220) in your beach bag.
- Zara's printed dress ($40) might just be the ultimate Summer sundress.
- Dressed down with flip-flops or dressed up with heels, this THML embroidered cutout dress ($98) would look equally chic.
- Truth be told, we could probably add a blazer and wear this sophisticated Vince romper ($375) to the office; though, we like the idea of adding a straw hat and flat sandals for the beach just as much.
Click through the gallery above to see our favorites.
More from PopSugar:
50 Amazing White Dresses to Wear All Summer
17 Reasons to Give Your Jeans the Summer Off
Shop 16 Versions of Summer's Perfect Shoe
The Ultimate Summer Sunglasses Guide