See how New Yorkers are dressing for early summer weather
Temperatures are rising and, with them, hemlines. It's that time of year again in New York City when the air gets thicker, days get longer and the temps start to climb. We New Yorkers have long been looking forward to ditching our winter-wear for short skirts, sandals and easy summer dresses, and at long last, the time has come.
- Dress: Balenciaga, shoes: Balenciaga, sunglasses: Lucky Selectism.
- Top: H&M, pants: Zara, shoes: Reebok.
- Top: YSL, jeans: YSL, shoes: Dr. Martens.
- Skirt: Zara, top: Ronny Kobo.
- Shirt: Topshop, bag: Topshop, shoes: Toms.
- Skirt: Zara, t-shirt: H&M, shoes: Zara, sunglasses: Ray-ban, vintage necklace.
- Leather dress: Rebecca Vallance, parka: Maison Jewels, shoes: Madewell, bag: Kenneth Cole.
- Top: Theyskens Theory, skirt: Theory, shoes: Ferragamo, bag: Jonathan Adler.
Of course, we've yet to hit those "feels like" triple digits -- it's still that period when long sleeves aren't entirely out of the question. Now's the time to summon your sartorial creativity for transitional dressing, like pairing short leather dresses with parkas -- just like the New Yorkers we saw on the streets this week.
From crop tops to transparent flowing maxi skirts to short-sleeve cotton oxfords, click through the gallery above to see our favorite street style shots this week.
More from Fashionista:
Dirk Standen, Leandra Medine Discuss the Forces Shaping the Future of Fashion
Donna Karan Says LVMH Has Given Her the 'Cold Shoulder'
BCBGMaxAzria Does a Good Slit Skirt
J.Crew Lost Money In The 1st Quarter of 2014