What handwriting supposedly says about you

What Your Handwriting Says About You

Graphologists claim that your handwriting can reveal clues to your personality. Let's see if any of these predictions ring true for you.

Small handwriting is associated with being studious, shy, meticulous and concentrated.

Large handwriting is associated with being an outgoing, attention-loving person.

Average handwriting is associated with being well-adjusted and adaptable.

Wide spacing between words means you enjoy your freedom. It also means that you don't typically enjoy large crowds and you don't like to be overwhelmed.

Narrow spacing between words means that you can't stand to be alone and you tend to crowd people.

Having rounded letters is typically associated with being artistic or creative.

Having pointed letters can mean that you are intense, intelligent, curious and aggressive.

People who write with connected letters are associated with being logical and systematic.

Crossing the very top of the 'T' generally means that you have good self-esteem, are optimistic and ambitious.

Crossing the middle of the 't' generally means that you are confident and comfortable in your own skin.

Leaving open letters (like not closing an 'O') typically means that you are expressive, social and talkative.

Writing a closed letter 'O' means that you are a private person and an introvert.

If the dot on your 'i' lands high above the letter, you are considered to be imaginative.

If your dot lands to the left of the letter 'i,' then you might be a procrastinator.

If the dot is perfectly over the 'i,' you are considered to be detail-oriented, empathetic and organized.

If the dot of your 'i' has a circle, then you are considered to be a visionary or 'child-like.

If the dot looks more like a slash, then you might be overly self-critical.

So ... what does your handwriting say about you?

mistermash June 04 2014 at 6:51 AM

Since when has printing become "handwriting"? Oh, that's right, script, the true handwriting isn't taught anymore.

Martin June 04 2014 at 9:12 AM

My handwriting says: "I am glad you learned how to type!"

hellyon3too Martin June 04 2014 at 10:23 AM

Mine says I'm getting old and can't see worth spit.

gramargo hellyon3too June 04 2014 at 11:09 PM

Love it! Mine's gotten rather scribbly especially if I rush it, but I can see it quite well. I got a charge out of the left-handed poster's message, as obviously he or she learned to write in the days of Palmer Method as I did. It never really took that well with me, though, and as soon as I didn't have to do it any more, my writing changed completely to an upright script, and finally to a slightly left-leaning one. I even use my own style of capital letters and my own odd "f" with a tail on the left side, and an "e" that looks like a backward 3. People seem to be able to read it, anyway, and it's certainly all my own!
My father used something like Palmer all his life, while my mother's writing was very small and rounded.

Flag 0 rate up
bootz6 Martin June 04 2014 at 11:34 AM

Loved this one. This is why today doctors TYPE out their prescriptions...!

gramargo bootz6 June 04 2014 at 11:10 PM

Mine don't but I find I can read most of them except perhaps some medicine I've never had before.....as long as the pharmacist gets it right, that's all that matters, though.

Flag 0 rate up
dee lightner June 04 2014 at 8:49 AM

Well, I am assuming they do not mean PRINTING. They mean CURSIVE HANDWRITING? If so, who know what it will mean in the future, as many schools have apparently stopped teaching cursive at all? I guess in the future everyone will sign things with an "X". Haven't we made progress!

patriot1too June 04 2014 at 1:22 PM

Sadly kids today are not being taught to write. They peck on some key board. Learning to write like we did might hurt their self esteem. Wake up America.

patsy963 June 04 2014 at 9:18 AM

Script writing is not taught in schools anymore so that is a dead art .

adika3z patsy963 June 04 2014 at 6:09 PM

yeaa alot of people uses on computers boardtypings than their own handwritings.
people are so clumsy handwrites and not neat.
that is sad.

Carla patsy963 June 04 2014 at 9:06 PM

Not true. My son just completed second grade and he's been learning cursive at school.

mickylitz2 June 04 2014 at 6:38 AM

What else can they come out with to mess with people's minds ?

Now tell us what a Psychopath's handwriting looks like...

Monica June 04 2014 at 1:50 PM

'people who write with connected letters...' Aren't connected letters called cursive???
Is cursive not a politically correct word to say anymore?? I feel sorry for the future generations not being able to read and write cursive.

Sarah Monica June 04 2014 at 8:52 PM

I use connected letters all the time, but I am not writing in cursive. They are simply print letters that are connected, two letters written in one stroke.

gramargo Monica June 04 2014 at 11:19 PM

I use cursive most of the time, but I don't connect all my letters.....I find it's a bit faster that way, but it is still cursive, not lettering (I learned when I worked as a draftsperson in an aircraft plant many years ago that it's not really "printing"!

telurico June 04 2014 at 1:28 PM

This information about handwriting is like the horoscope, a llitle good for everybody and you are never wrong.

Karen June 04 2014 at 10:43 AM

This says to me that once again these so-called theories can be interpreted in just about any way that we (mostly subconsciously) want to be interpreted - similar to how "psychics" can claim to have "special" knowledge. But if it helps you get through a day, no harm done.

no1gum Karen June 04 2014 at 11:18 PM

True handwriting analysis is not a theory, it is a skill. The FBI used to have experts (they might still have them). The article is just giving you a few pointers. Maybe you are thinking of the old handwriting analysis machines, where you had to write your name and insert the slip of paper into the machine. Those were just a novelty. The ideal sample would be written on a blank sheet of paper, include one or two paragraphs and also include the personal pronoun "I". The signature is usually less of a focus than the rest of the writing, since people often write their signatures differently than their regular writing (the signature reflects how you would like others to see you).

rmeyers773 June 04 2014 at 6:48 PM

SAD THAT EDUCATION COST MORE AND THE KIDS GET LESS. READING. WRITING, SPEAKING, MATH, AND ONE TOTALLY MISSED BY EVERYONE---LISTENING. WE HEAR BUT DO WE LISTEN.. NO.
INTER SCHOOLS IT IS APPARENTLY AN IN THING TO SLUR OR NOT SPEAK CLEARLY. TIME TO GO BACK TO SQUARE ONE.