Trend Report: The thigh-high slit
A high slit can be tricky territory, because, after all -- that's a lot of leg showing! However, the recent red carpets prove that a high slit dress or skirt is something not too difficult to pull off, especially if you know what you're doing. While daringly high slits can lead to wardrobe malfunctions, not to mention sounding like something only a model can pull off (and with good reason -- the amFAR Gala at Cannes was filled with models in high-slitted dresses), we promise it's not that hard.
- Neem Khan Spring/Summer 2014
- Prabal Gurung Fall/Winter 2014
- Altuzarra Spring/Summer 2014
- Halle Berry wearing Elie Saab Couture at the Hauding Awards in Hollywood.
- Karolina Kurkova in Christian Dior at the amFAR Cinema Against Aids Gala at Cannes.
- Joan Smalls in Prabal Gurung at the 2014 CFDA Awards.
- Alessandra Ambrosio at amFAR's Gala at Cannes, wearing Roberto Cavalli.
- Jessica Chastain at the 'Foxcatcher' premiere at Cannes, wearing Elie Saab.
- Blake Lively in Gucci Premiere at the 'Grace of Monaco' premiere and opening ceremony at Cannes.
- Jennifer Lopez at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards, wearing Donna Karan.
In fact, with modest hemlines becoming more and more popular these days, a strategically-placed high slit is the perfect way to show a little skin, while keeping that longer, cool hemline. You don't have to go all-out J. Lo (although we do provide for inspiration her ultra-sexy Donna Karan dress worn at the Billboard Music Awards) to get the look, either. Tamer celebs like Jessica Chastain are rocking the trend too. Don't believe us? See for yourself -- click through the gallery above to see all the celebs rocking high slits.