Incredible way two-legged cat gets down the stairs

How A Two Legged Cat Gets Down The Stairs

This young cat is, ironically, named Boots. She was saved by the Life Is Better Rescue in Colorado when she was just ten days old. Now, thanks to the wild way she goes down the stairs, she's getting national attention.

It's believed she lost her back paws in some sort of accident, and while many shelters would have euthanized the kitten, Life Is Better Rescue volunteer Megan Brocato brought her home.

Today, with the help of her blue OrthoPet prosthetic boots, Boots is able to manage her way through Megan's home. In fact, instead of just going down the stairs, she does a 'flying handstand' that's pretty impressive.

The now one-year-old cat still requires surgery to correct her bones, but something tells us she'll have no difficulty getting around afterward.

dbsquirl June 03 2014 at 7:40 AM

Megan, thank you for seeing the worth in this poor little kitten!

Joyce dbsquirl June 03 2014 at 12:50 PM

Animals with disabilities deserve to have a life. I have a Blind Russian Blue who is now 6 years old. When my Calico of 17 years died I got my CAPTIN from my Vet. Captin was about 3 months old when I got him. Being Blind Captin developed his hearing. He knows where everything is in our Home. And, he understands everything I say.

mrgrtannp Joyce June 03 2014 at 6:23 PM

You sound like a caring, sensitive person. We had out cat of 11 years put to sleep recently because she was having seizures but will be getting another soon.

Flag +3 rate up
pollyoftheyear Joyce June 03 2014 at 6:40 PM

bravo to you- oh my have had many cats till old age and i took care of them until the end-love my cats and dogs

Flag +3 rate up
Linda dbsquirl June 03 2014 at 3:51 PM

Kitty does not see iteself as a POOR LITTLE KITTEN...only YOU do. To it this is normal life and another day! No pitty for it....it is fine and loved.

Denileriverafter June 03 2014 at 7:44 AM

I had a two-legged cat also. She also had thumbs on her front feet, which helped her balance. People were amazed at the things she did on a daily basis. She would climb up on the back of our LaZboy rocker to nap, then do a full hand stand while balancing on the back of the rocker, jump down to the seat of the rocking rocker (while still holding her hand stand), take 2 steps to the front of the seat, jump down to the floor, and continue walking on her front feet with her butt in the air for another 5 feet, before coming back into a seated position! She also had incredible power in those 2 front legs! We had a bay window seat which she loved to sun herself. She would scamper to the window, raise her front feet onto the edge, and PRESS DOWNWARD, while catapulting her body UP, and between her front legs!! I don't think there's a circus acrobat in China who could pull off such a feat!! I wish we had had videos back then, would be nice to show people the mind-blowing things she did!!

daniellebali Denileriverafter June 03 2014 at 10:23 AM

what happened to her?, why back then?

Steph Denileriverafter June 05 2014 at 4:00 PM

Aww, I have a two legged kitty, too - He's amazing, but he doesn't balance like this on his legs. He walks on his stumps. His FB page is DEUCE: TWO LEGGED KITTY FROM OKLAHOMA CITY if you'd like to check him out. He's amazing, just like your baby! Can even climb to the top of the 6 foot cat tree!

Jeanne M. Conway June 03 2014 at 9:52 AM

WAY TO GO-----KITTY!

vivianlwood June 03 2014 at 7:56 AM

She's beautiful! Cats have such strong spirit!

ekerchner vivianlwood June 03 2014 at 8:11 AM

This is incredible. Thank you Megan Brocato and Jon Gorski for helping this little kitty.

gramargo vivianlwood June 03 2014 at 9:58 PM

What an intelligent looking cat, and I love the nicely balanced markings on her face.

ambonding June 03 2014 at 9:56 AM

Bless thid gorgeous little kitty. Big hug to her

tamara jackson June 03 2014 at 6:33 AM

Awesome, what an angel.

IBruzEZ June 03 2014 at 8:25 AM

Kids and animals....so resiliant.!

fwlrcj June 03 2014 at 9:49 AM

Where there is a will, there is always a way

VIPRLARES June 03 2014 at 9:44 AM

Adorable

Kirks June 03 2014 at 12:48 PM

i love her she made my day