10 unusual uses for vinegar that will change your beauty routine
Women with flawless skin are in on a little secret and it's hiding in their pantry.
- Vinegar can help sooth a sunburn -- simply dab on the burn and feel the relief.
- Some have found vinegar helps reduce the appearance of age spots. Make a mixture that's equal parts vinegar and onion juice and pat onto your age spots. It may take several weeks before you notice a change.
- Adding vinegar to your bath water may help relieve itchy skin. Some recommend a cup of apple cider vinegar mixed with warm water.
- Men can benefit from vinegar as well, especially after a shave. Apple cider vinegar not only smells great, it also helps sooth skin.
- Bug bites are a fact of life during summer. Dabbing vinegar on bites can help relive itching and the pain from bee stings.
- Summer heat can send your skin into high oil production and cause a breakout or two. To combat the heat -- and keep your skin in check -- freeze a mixture of half apple cider vinegar, half water ice cubes. Use the ice cubes for relief from the heat and to help prevent breakouts.
- Vinegar makes an easy and inexpensive skin toner when mixed with equal parts water.
- Soaking your nails in vinegar for about a minute can help nail polish last longer. Add 2 teaspoons of vinegar to 1/2 a cup of warm water for the best results.
- Help your skin recover from a breakout with an overnight DIY face mask made of honey, flour and vinegar. Mix the three ingredients to form a paste and apply it to the affected area. Keep it on while you sleep and rinse off in the morning.
- Rinsing your hair with apple cider vinegar and warm water will help rid your scalp of product build up and restore your hair's natural shine.
Apple cider vinegar is one of the world's oldest beauty hacks, taking care of everything from itchy skin to dull hair. Thanks to the presence of beta-carotene, apple cider vinegar helps keep skin glowing and youthful. The vinegar's natural pH balance is also very close to our skin's pH balance, which means apple cider vinegar helps restore our skin to its natural order.
On top of these benefits, apple cider vinegar is a major money hack when compared to the price of over-the-counter products. Check out this slideshow for 10 surprising ways you can incorporate apple cider vinegar into your beauty routine.