Walmart employee claims he was forced to spend 7-hour shift in bathroom

Wal-Mart Employee Claims He Was Forced To Spend Entire Shift In Bathroom

A Walmart employee in Louisiana says he was forced to spend his entire shift -- lasting 7 hours -- inside a store bathroom, Fox43 reports. According to KSLA, Roger Digilormo, 59, has worked at Walmart for 11 years.

Now, Roger's family is upset, saying he's being treated unfairly due to a recent injury.

Walmart claims this is normal and that they always have a bathroom monitor.

Roger's brother, Carl Digilormo, says he was hurt on the job at Walmart and was on light duty until he recovers from a shoulder injury, so instead of lighting heavy boxes, Walmart had him monitor the bathroom.

The store says Roger was asked to move from bathroom to bathroom to make sure they were neat and tidy.

Walmart also claims it doesn't have "bathroom attendants."

Roger's family says he's sick from "smelling feces and urine all day." Carl had to pause when speaking to cameras, growing upset as he said, "I just ... sorry. I just can't believe that somebody would do that to somebody. It's just not, it's unreal to me." The family says that Roger, understandably, feels embarrassed and degraded.

According to KSN.com, Walmart spokeswoman Katie Cody says, "He was asked to move from restroom to restroom to monitor and make sure they were tidy, because that is an area of customer service that can always been improved." She also confirmed to KSN.com that Walmart stores do not actually have bathroom attendants. "We are certainly looking into it and making sure we can address this appropriately," she said.

Jerry Martin May 28 2014 at 7:35 AM

I have never seen any employee sitting in a bathroom in a Walmart.

tmccull52 May 28 2014 at 7:34 AM

Any employee, whether he's unionized or not, who goes and sits in a bathroom for seven hours, when he was asked to monitor the bathrooms, is an idiot. What we have here is trailer trash looking for a pay-out from some half-assed lawsuit.

dcbfilm May 28 2014 at 6:21 AM

God help ANYONE who has to work for Walmart.The world's biggest retailer and they run it like a sweat shop. BOYCOTT.

Mike May 28 2014 at 6:35 AM

As if working anywhere in Walmart is not embarrassing enough!

SIBERIAX May 28 2014 at 7:31 AM

Confirms my opinion of the " so called customer service" store. I don't shop there. The family that owns the store,( 6 people), have a combined wealth of over half the world, but treat their workers like slaves. God forbid they would give them a living wage, so they wouldn't need food stamps just to live. SHAME,SHAME,SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ripper May 28 2014 at 5:15 AM

Finally the truth comes out, this is exactly how managers treat employees at some Walmarts. They are treated more like slaves then paid employees. Also God forbid you have a real life crisis or in need of help outside of work. My ex wife and I one day had to pick up her paycheck and take our best friend that was in horrible shape emotionally at the time to a clinic because he was trying to commit suicide. What did her piece of work manager tell her. If she didn't come in for her shift, not to come back at all. Wonderful compassion Walmart, what a crock!

patriot1too May 28 2014 at 6:11 AM

Clearly the employees of Wal Mart needs Union representation to end the abuse of the employees by management and their awful treatment of their employees.

jreil71 May 28 2014 at 8:26 AM

The store manager or asst. manager in charged of that shift should be fired. The man could have zoned the isles or helped with modulars, but not wasting time in the bathroom.

pct2002 May 28 2014 at 5:47 AM

Sounds just like *****-Mart...a crappy place to work.

patriot1too pct2002 May 28 2014 at 6:12 AM

It may be a good idea to keep our kids safe from the gender confused predator pedophiles.

rlmcanoe May 28 2014 at 7:27 PM

I clean bathrooms where I work, 13 of them, then I have to go through them a second time later in the day to make sure they are stocked enough to make it through the night, this takes me at least 6-7 hours of my day, the rest of the time I am getting more stock or getting rid of cardboard boxes. you don't get sick in the bathrooms from the smell, maybe you do from what I have seen and have had to clean, but I don't. I do this because my job is being outsourced and they put me in this position, I did not ask for this job, but someone has to do it.

no1hounddog2u rlmcanoe May 28 2014 at 8:45 PM

Man I applied you if I lost my job today and I had to do what I have to do to keep my family and household together I get right beside you.