The trend report: Mellow yellow
With Memorial Day weekend behind us, it's safe to say that summer is really, truly, officially on its way. With that, pretty much all we want to wear these days are bright and sunny colors. For example -- yellow! We'll take it in pretty much any shade, from bright neon to a light, barely-there hue.
- Rebecca Taylor Spring/Summer 2014
- Ralph Lauren Spring/Summer 2014
- Emilia Wickstead Spring/Summer 2014
- Lela Rose Spring/Summer 2014
- Tracy Reese Spring/Summer 2014
- Pamella Roland Spring/Summer 2014
- Candice Swanepoel in neon Valentino at the amFAR gala in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Naomi Watts wearing Preen at a Bulgari dinner in Houston, Texas.
- Emma Stone looking statuesque in Atelier Versace at the premiere of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in London.
- Emily Blunt attends the Dior Beauty Operation Smile Luncheon, wearing Dior.
- The Duchess of Cambridge in bright yellow Roksanda Ilincic on the steps of the Sydney Opera House.
- Jessica Alba in a Kenzo skirt at the MTV Movie Awards.
- Naomie Harris in Naeem Khan at the London Critics' Circle Film Awards in London.
- Olivia Munn in Diane von Furstenberg at the Met Gala.
The runways and celebrities alike have already provided us with some much-needed mellow yellow inspiration, and we'll be following suit any way we can. From yellow skirts and dresses, breezy shirts and tees, to bags and sandals, you can bet we'll be rocking the sunny hue all summer long. Click through the gallery for our full report on the trend!