Jim Parsons opens up about the future of Sheldon and Amy's romance on 'The Big Bang Theory'

Jim Parsons Talks Romance on

The romance between a physicist and a neuroscientist has never been hotter. Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah Fowler's relationship on "The Big Bang Theory" hasn't been quite as fast as the locomotive they kissed on a few months ago. But when Jim Parsons sat down with AOL.com's Brian Balthazar he revealed there may be more surprises in store for the two love birds.

While answering social media questions by AOL.com's "Big Bang" fans, Parsons admitted he thinks these two will probably move beyond just a kiss, slowly, but soon. "I think so. I mean nobody's told me anything. I think the writers have done such a wonderful job with this relationship. It's such a justified slow-pace they're going at. It's so organically awkward. They've really got a lot of leeway to go where they want to with it. They've really taken their time and justified it with those two characters. Anything could happen."

In fact, Parson said, the romance has already exceeded his expectations. "Sheldon and Amy have come, in a way, a long ways romantically already that I didn't think would ever happen... I mean, we kiss now!"

Parsons' award-winning role (3 Emmys to be exact) had one of "Big Bang's" fans tweeting us about the first time he played Sheldon Cooper. He tells us that there wasn't really any science behind the audition that blew Executive Producer Chuck Lorre away. "I really was very much kind of how I prepare for the role these days which is straight rote memorization. When it's good material, when the writing is good, whatever that means to you. The important thing is to just have, for me at least, those words at easy disposal so when push comes to shove I can react and I know those words are going to come out of my mouth."

One of those words? Bazinga! Parsons sure to use his Be sure to catch Jim Parsons in his brand new film "The Normal Heart" out this Sunday night at 9pm on HBO and watch "The Big Bang Theory" Thursday nights at 8pm on CBS.

schnitzdt May 23 2014 at 3:28 PM

best show on TV

redlgs14 schnitzdt May 24 2014 at 4:44 AM

no doubt--every shows seems funnier than the one before it.

teeveequeen May 23 2014 at 3:55 PM

They should wait until the very LAST episode of the series to have Sheldon & Amy have sex ... fad to black ... and then all you hear is Sheldon say Bazinga ...

End of show ...

jazemee May 23 2014 at 3:06 PM

I enjoy this show so much, seems like every episode makes me laugh. The writing and story lines are always fresh and new. I do hope that one day Sheldon and Amy are able to take their romance to the next level, and the possibilities that the writers can follow are only going to add more enjoyment to the program. One of the funniest sit coms ever.

rwitchwoman63 May 23 2014 at 4:05 PM

They are so adorable together on this show....I love them!!!!!

halloqueen2 May 23 2014 at 4:03 PM

One of the few shows that has me watching network TV. Always funny. the characters are fun and loveable, and in real life, they all seem to be likable people. I watch every day, and I wish them all a long, happy run and many more Emmys.

biker82112 May 23 2014 at 4:28 PM

It's amazing how such an obnoxious, exasperating, and irksome personality can be so loveable at the same time.. what a tremendous job of character development and acting.

wllharrington biker82112 May 23 2014 at 4:42 PM

If you are talking about the character 'Howard's mother' you are cortrect. If you are talking about Roseanne Barr, I feel sorry for you.

Janet wllharrington May 24 2014 at 1:50 AM

No one was talking about either of them.

Flag +1 rate up
johnnysul64 May 23 2014 at 5:58 PM

Someone as brilliant as Amy can't see that Sheldon is well "you know"?

kristine paula johnnysul64 May 23 2014 at 7:31 PM

@johnnysul64......ok just what is "WELL YOU KNOW?" when referring to the character Sheldon? i have found people who are not capable of asking a question using correct terms are better to just be silent and LEARN SOMETHING..................................................

johnnysul64 kristine paula May 24 2014 at 5:59 PM

Are you that dumb? Sheldon makes Liberace look macho!!!!!

Flag 0 rate up
Carla johnnysul64 May 23 2014 at 10:19 PM

This is why they're called ACTORS.... hellloooo!!!!

johnnysul64 Carla May 24 2014 at 6:00 PM

He is funny on the show and he is "acting" very gay!!!!!

Flag 0 rate up
ejorillion May 23 2014 at 4:58 PM

I thought Sheldon was gay

teeveequeen ejorillion May 23 2014 at 5:15 PM

The actor in "real life" is gay ... The character Sheldon is not

johnnysul64 teeveequeen May 23 2014 at 6:05 PM

Oh yeah that lisp is so macho.

Flag +1 rate up
Juan C. Hugo May 23 2014 at 8:12 PM

Just a great show. Very, very funny.

kristine paula May 23 2014 at 7:03 PM

THE BIG BANG THEORY shows all of us what is wrong with OUR brains......WE cannot accept people just the way they are.......we ALWAYS feel the need to change them. "Help" them fit in better....whatever WE perceive that to be. Chuck Lorre, the writers, and the wonderful actors of this show allow us for 30 minutes a week watch a group of people allow themselves to BE THEMSELVES and be totally confident and accepted no matter what they say or do. Of course WE know it's "only T.V. but in those 30 minutes we find ourselves laughing......relaxing.....and hopefully realizing we don't need to "help" everyone "fit' in to the world...there is room for everybody.....

World Series